The 2018/19 NHL Thread!

Ruki

Boston is just one of those very few teams that I can't help but hate for some reason. Though, I'm not much of a fan of the Sharks either, so if that's the final, I probably won't watch. If the Blues can right the wrong of game three and find their way into the Stanley Cup Final, I'll definitely watch though.

If the Leafs showed up to play in games 6 or 7, they could have been here :(

I'm hoping that St. Louis wins the cup. And then San Jose. And if neither of them, I hope something happens that they have to cancel the rest of the playoffs and award nobody as the winner this year.

10 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

It's ok, everyone hates Boston.  We're used to it by now.

I'm old enough to remember when Boston was an underdog city with past glories that had fallen on hard times. The Pats first Super Bowl win and the Red Sox in '03 and '04 were massive babyfaces. They stuck it to the man!

And then... they became the man.

I wish my city was so fortunate.

On 17/05/2019 at 07:43, Gabriel said:

Boston is just one of those very few teams that I can't help but hate for some reason. Though, I'm not much of a fan of the Sharks either, so if that's the final, I probably won't watch. If the Blues can right the wrong of game three and find their way into the Stanley Cup Final, I'll definitely watch though.

It's the one thing that brings us together. I hate the Flames, you hate the Canucks, but we both hate the Bruins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would be crazy and everything sounds like it's what he (and of course all the Ottawa fans) want. But no way Melnyk is going to match what other teams are willing to offer. Heck if he's open to Montreal with Molson's deep pockets he would get more money from them. Granted they already have 1 aging, expensive, and increasingly injury-prone defenseman...

16 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

It would be crazy and everything sounds like it's what he (and of course all the Ottawa fans) want. But no way Melnyk is going to match what other teams are willing to offer. Heck if he's open to Montreal with Molson's deep pockets he would get more money from them. Granted they already have 1 aging, expensive, and increasingly injury-prone defenseman...

You leave Shea the hell alone :angry:

I'm just disappointed.  It's been a great season, and it's tough to see it end in a Game 7 loss.  Put a bunch of shots on net, but Binnington had one hell of a game.

At least it's a team that never won the Cup before.  Happy for St. Louis fans that they finally got one.