What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Holy shit Kick Ass 2 was totally underwhelming.

Like I went into it with low expectations, but man, I just never cared! Like, at all! Kick Ass was just a shitty protagonist that got a lot of people killed. The idea of Hit Girl trying to fit into the real world is a great idea, but holy shit was the execution poor. And man, what the fuck message was it trying to convey? The real world is shitty but we have to be heroes in the real world because superheroes can't exist but it's cool to still do all the same shit just don't wear a mask and if you're going to make sure it's metal this time?

That's pretty much the only message I could take from it.

I mean... fuck. It wasn't even a bad film. Just totally... I dunno, uninspired? It's like going from watching Last Crusade to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Sure, a lot of the same elements are there and it makes sense as a follow on, but it just doesn't work?

It's not even a bad film and by far not the worst sequel to a superhero film, but man... I just wish it didn't exist.

And holy shit are we just going to ignore the fact that his friend gave away his dad's identity and got his dad killed? Are we just ignoring that?

Where did Hit Girl go? What's the point? WHY DOES THIS FILM EXIST AOETINSRIOGUNSRIOGHBURSHG

• Like 1

Holy shit Kick Ass 2 was totally underwhelming.

Like I went into it with low expectations, but man, I just never cared! Like, at all! Kick Ass was just a shitty protagonist that got a lot of people killed. The idea of Hit Girl trying to fit into the real world is a great idea, but holy shit was the execution poor. And man, what the fuck message was it trying to convey? The real world is shitty but we have to be heroes in the real world because superheroes can't exist but it's cool to still do all the same shit just don't wear a mask and if you're going to make sure it's metal this time?

That's pretty much the only message I could take from it.

I mean... fuck. It wasn't even a bad film. Just totally... I dunno, uninspired? It's like going from watching Last Crusade to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Sure, a lot of the same elements are there and it makes sense as a follow on, but it just doesn't work?

It's not even a bad film and by far not the worst sequel to a superhero film, but man... I just wish it didn't exist.

And holy shit are we just going to ignore the fact that his friend gave away his dad's identity and got his dad killed? Are we just ignoring that?

Where did Hit Girl go? What's the point? WHY DOES THIS FILM EXIST AOETINSRIOGUNSRIOGHBURSHG

Agreed. Completely. 'Not even a bad film' sums it up -- the whole endeavour is just a waste of time.

Also, THIS IS THE REAL WORLD YOU GUYS *shits and pukes everywhere*

• Like 1

Finally caught Alan Partridge - Alpha Papa yesterday. Being a big Partridge fan I was worried it would be a bit shit when taken to the big screen - but fair play it was a really decent film. Good script which played out with a good balance of jokes and covered all the areas I hoped it would. I'm not sure another film could continue the trend of awesomeness with the way it ended but perhaps we'll see. 8.5/10

Did a triple bill at the cinema yesterday. Don Jon was flawed, but a bunch of fun. I thought The Counsellor was a bit rubbish - I really liked the first half, but I thought it fell apart spectacularly in the second half. And finally, I watched Blue Is the Warmest Colour, which was phenomenal, my favourite film of the year so far.

Benedict Cumberbatch is a crazy good Smaug. I liked The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, my only issue was withthe shoehorned in romantic subplot(s). Evangeline Lilly's a fine actor and it's a shame she had to play such a blah part.