What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I spent my morning watching most of the TGWTG 3rd year anniversary, movie (I guess), Suburban Knights. The last bit isn't up yet, but I have to say, I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. They've managed to play to the strengths of some of the less able actors amongst the crew of Internet reviewers, which was somewhat of a flaw in Kickassia. It may be helped by the fact they have to play "characters" as part of the plot, rather than playing versions of themselves.

True Grit was epic. Great film. Glad I finally saw it.

After.Life was...I dont know. Justin Long was great, Christina Ricci was pretty good, but Liam Neeson looked so fucking bored. I watched the whole thing so I guess I liked it well enough, but nothing I'd recommend unless you are dieing to see her nude and haven't already seen the much better Black Snake Moan.

Vanishing on 7th Street was pretty fucking awful. Hayden Christianson has if anything become a far worse actor than he previously was, so that says a lot about his future. The movie itself never really went anywhere. Everyone vanishes and we never learn a goddamned thing, as none of the characters do either. It is a film where nobody grows or becomes anything different than what they were at the beginning. A complete and utter waste of time for anyone and everyone in any wasy shape or form involved with this film or watching this film. And to top it off, it wasn't even fucking scary.

Saw Transformers 3 and it was long and boring. Even the action scenes dragged on forever, but it still had less stupid shit in it than the second one, but the first one is still the best one. 3/10.

Saw it today myself. It had a long and boring first half, but the second half more than made up for it. I agree it was better than the second though. I'd probably give it a 6.5/10

I finally watched Sucker Punch and...uhhh...it sure was a...errrr...pretty film. Best I got.

Saw Transformers 3 last night and thought this.

I finally watched Sucker Punch and...uhhh...it sure was a...errrr...pretty film. Best I got.

Saw Transformers 3 last night and thought this.

I cant disagree. Also it is weird listening to this podcast you did with Maxx and you then post here.

I have decided, based on watching Sucker Punch, that you might be my Guardian Angel.

Has your opinion on it changed in the past few months? It's amusing hearing you discuss things that have since come out like GL and Thor.

Also Joe Johnston made one great movie: The Rocketeer!

The latest trailer gave me a bit of hope, though, I haven't been able to shake my personal stigma surrounding the project.

I wish I would have seen Thor, but never got to. And I still won't watch Green Lantern until it's on Netflix or OnDemand.

Joe Johnston only sucked around the time he decided to make Jurassic Park 3 and since.

I missed Thor in theatres and it makes me mad. GL I will see on BluRay DVD. I did see X-Men First Class though. :)

Listening to Maxx's podcast made me wish I had a reason to make a podcast. You missed out on Thor, Teej! It was greatly good. I liked it almost as much as I liked the first Iron Man, and I really liked Iron Man.

Green Lantern could be skipped, but it's kind of like, you might as well watch it if you want to watch a superhero film you haven't seen. But then what do I know, I liked Daredevil.