General Television Thread

Hellfire

I think its possible to enjoy them both as separate beasts really. the deductiony bits are similar, but just the basic differences between UK and US shows are enough to set them apart. Both well worth watching.

House of Cards, I guess. Never seen Falling Skies, Revolution's not especially good. I don't like House of Cards that much either but it's probably better than Revolution unless you really like Giancarlo Esposito.

I'd say House of Cards because it can't be as bad as the others, though I've never seen it and have no urge too.

...Pretty good summary of the quality of those shows when I'd suggest something I don't care enough to watch ahead of the other two.

I like end of the world scenario stuff and Kevin Spacey, so I'll probably find something enjoyable about the shows. I'd watch Elementary but I caught the finale and thought it was pretty poor, plus I know the big twist, so it seems kinda pointless.

Next three shows I've got lined up to watch are Falling Skies, House of Cards and Revolution. Any thoughts on what I should start first?

Revolution starts off well enough, but soon goes to shit, I wouldn't advise watching, unless you want...

... to see a show where a character who they main people try to find as a plot device turns out to literally have a device for advancing the plot inside him. Seriously, the show's about as subtle as a brick to the face.

Falling Skies is okay, but I'd recommend watching as a big block rather than week by week, there's some forgettable stuff.

Also, I'd definitely wank Lucy Liu over Martin Freeman, though Jude Law might turn my head.

I've actually heard that from a few different sources, but I absolutely cannot take on any more shows right now. So I guess I'll deny it being good.

Yeah, I guess I want to give it a shot but fuck, I'm watching so many shows and the nice thing about summer is that I can use it to catch up on stuff, like I have with getting a couple episodes away from finishing Hannibal.

Speaking of, that show wins the award for Most Amazingly Dark Casting Gag Ever by...

Casting Ellen Muth of Dead Like Me as a woman who's gone insane and can't tell if she's dead or alive.