General Television Thread

Hellfire

TKz's actually right. Ray Donovan wasn't anything outstanding, but it wasn't bad either. Best pilot this year? No way.

• Like 1

You all suck.

And Defiance sucks balls. It tries to be Farscape, Star Trek and Lexx all at the same time and it fails spectacularly.

I've heard the game is shit too. How the fuck SyFy can cancel Eureka and soon to be Warehouse 13 in favour of that is beyond me.

I should mention I recently watched the first few episodes of Maron. I need to finish the season to fully form an opinion, but it's worth checking out. My recklessly brief review is that it's "Louie Light".

Actually, you know what? Ant's probably more right than wrong about it being the best pilot of the season but more by default than anything. If we go just by stuff to debut in 2013, there's what, Orphan Black (which I found fairly boring), Family Tree, Graceland or Under the Dome that could be better? I mean, even extending it to the start of the fall season last year, there's really only Ben & Kate (R.I.P. :crying:), Arrow and Elementary. That says more about the state of new TV than how good Ray Donovan was but still.

EDIT: Nevermind, totally forgot Hannibal debuted this year. That probably takes it.

So after seeing Man Of Steel a few weeks back, I finally decided to watch the final season of Smallville properly, and I have to say its been a pleasant surprise. Normally my problem with the show is the writers usually knew how to write an interesting premiere and usually a good finale, it was just everything inbetween always came off aspadding to stop the writers from burning through storstorylines, so I'm glad that isn't so much the case this season.

I just got done the episode where voting for VRA happens, and quite frankly I felt like the storyline could have easily been a season long thing, but I understand it was just a tool to ultimately give our heroes hope and morale boost in our they needed it the most as they face there greastest enemy yet.

Really, my only real complaint about the season as a whole would be Deadshot. I, atleast found it hard to take him seriously when they had that very odd western themed music play everytime he was on screen, I could forgive the cowboy look they gave him, but that music was just a no-no.

So after seeing Man Of Steel a few weeks back, I finally decided to watch the final season of Smallville properly, and I have to say its been a pleasant surprise. Normally my problem with the show is the writers usually knew how to write an interesting premiere and usually a good finale, it was just everything inbetween always came off aspadding to stop the writers from burning through storstorylines, so I'm glad that isn't so much the case this season.

I just got done the episode where voting for VRA happens, and quite frankly I felt like the storyline could have easily been a season long thing, but I understand it was just a tool to ultimately give our heroes hope and morale boost in our they needed it the most as they face there greastest enemy yet.

Really, my only real complaint about the season as a whole would be Deadshot. I, atleast found it hard to take him seriously when they had that very odd western themed music play everytime he was on screen, I could forgive the cowboy look they gave him, but that music was just a no-no.

My big problem was that they didn't have the budget to do Darkseid so they did a pretty fucking watered down version of him. Shouldn't have bothered in the first place if they couldn't go to the lengths they'd need to. I mean it wasn't bad, just kind of disappointing? Especially when you consider that Darkseid wasn't even really all that featured, it was just... alternate timeline possessed Lionel Luthor.

Not to mention it just totally didn't live up to Callum Blue's Zod.