General Television Thread

Hellfire

Is Treme worth getting into? On the one hand I'm really interested in American society and culture and this seems like it might tick that box, plus with it ending soon it won't keep running away from me like Mad Men does. But I've heard kind of mixed reviews and it seems like a rather heavy show, which I'm not sure I really want right now.

It is a heavy show (though it can have a tremendous sense of humor), but it's possibly the very best drama on television.

I'm sure Cloudy will vouch for this, and possibly GoGo too.

I wouldn't go as far as to say very best. It makes a very good case for top five.

Also, jack, if you're interested in it for insight into American culture then you're interested for all the right reasons. Go for it.

Yeah, Bob's Burgers is one of those shows that takes a few episodes to find its footing but then when it does it's amazing. Easily one of the best/most consistent animated shows on Fox in the past few years.

Plus Louise is great.

The whole family is wonderful. I love that Lyn isn't the typical good looking downer wife that are in so many shows with the husband as the lead character, she's actually fun and interesting, and is even more of a positive character than Bob himself.

I'm still only a couple episodes into Bob's Burgers so it's still not a show where I've really gotten it. I'm going to start pushing through again in a while, but my Netflix Instant priorities right now are first Archer and second probably Orange is the New Black.

I watched the first 2 seasons of Bob's Burgers a few weeks ago, mainly because I was wanting more H. Jon Benjamin after finishing Archer. I'd say it's a show I like, but I can't imagine going out of my way to watch it.

I also watched a Comicon panel with the creator, cast, and I assume the lead animator. The creator is an incredibly off-putting person in that environment. Just let the actors crack jokes, stop harping on an animation process we've likely all heard about several times before, and please stop the almost passive-aggressively positive defense of what your show is.

But like I said, I do like the show, though that's as far as I'd go with it.

My roommate won't shut up about it. But she's also a major Weeds fan.

She's also desperately in love with Newsroom. So.

Yeah, my absolute hatred of Weeds after season two is what's making me wary even though the critical response is universally positive.

AMC has ordered a couple of new series today. One stars Lee Pace and Scoot McNairy centering on the 1980s computer boom and the other is a 1700s spy drama with Jamie Bell.

I've been keeping track of them with news updates on iGR so it's nice to hear that AMC went ahead and ordered them to series.

EDIT: Oh and there's rumors of a potential Burn Notice spinoff with Bruce Campbell and Coby Bell. Well, at least they'd take the two interesting characters on the show for it.

• Like 1