Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Selling things far as I can tell. Trying to indimidate theives might help too.

Yeah. Getting the fence is something I really want because I'm using Breezehome as a lair/trophy room/library and hauling stuff to and fro Riften seems like a huge chore even if I try and do it all in one go.

Illusion, Sneak, Enchantment and now Smithing are my only 100s, but I'm close with One-Handed, Light Armor, Pickpocketing, and Speech. Mostly due to my dungeon clearing MO of pickpocketing then trying to slit my enemy's throat with a mace (which... actually is less silly than it sounds because the glass mace has hook-like ends).

• 2 weeks later...

Playing as a mage/thief is awesome.

Doing t' Thieves Guild quests, doing t' raid of that honey farm. Guards never saw me, thanks to invisibility spells. t' one guard I didn't think I could just sneak past I gave him paralysis and damage health poisons and then clubbed him to death with my mace to finish him off.

Also got 100 Pickpocket. Going to take that perk once I get t' chance. Close to getting t' Fence perk too.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I'd rather just find a guy who can train me, I got an absurd amount of gold anyway thanks to my enchanting and smithing ventures.

So awhile back I reset my Skyrim save because after Mass Effect 3 came out I never touched it and wound up forgetting most of the story I'd played through anyway. It's amazing how different my new playthrough has felt-- I wound up going with a female Nord archer/sneak attacker, and started off at Riverwood, then made it to Whiterun, went with the party to kill the dragon, and made my way from there off on an adventure of finding and murdering every single bandit and Forsworn within range of the city. Leveled up archery and sneak like crazy with those bandit raids.

Right now I'm around level 20 or so but my archery and sneak are nearly level 60. Almost everything else is fairly normal but I've just solely focused on keeping those two up for now. Not really touched magic, didn't find a need to yet. I've done a few missions that caught me off-guard too, like getting drunk and waking up across the world, or being forced by that Deadric prince to kill the priest. It's... been a wild ride to say the least.

But yeah, I am Forsworn public enemy number one right now. The first time I bumped into them I thought they were a regular town and they damn near slaughtered me, and ever since I've been downright racist in my hatred of them :shifty:

Stumbled on some kind of a Forsworn city on a bunch of docks and just systematically picked them off from the mountains near it one by one, watching them whip into a frenzy trying to find me. Sneak Bonus+Crit+Poison damage on a Hagraven and just watching her launch off the ground from the hit is easily one of the most satisfying things I've done so far. That and also aggroing a dragon into a Forsworn encampment and getting the "Area Cleared" message on the map afterwards without killing a single one of them except for the dragon itself, that was a brillant moment.

Yeah though, seriously, fuck the Forsworn.

Skyrim's "Hearthfire" expansion became official this morning – an add-on allowing adventurers who took one too many arrows to the knee to become domestics (Dovamestic?). Hearthfire enables players to build their own home, create additions to said home, and help raise children. Those rooms can be profession-specific – for instance, a room dedicated to herbalism. The joys of domestic life!<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; ">"From a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with armory, alchemy laboratory, and more," Bethesda said of the DLC. "Choose your land, customize your house, guard it from unwanted visitors, and turn your house into a home by adopting children." Apparently, in the fantasy world of Skyrim, houses aren't homes without children.<br style=color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px; ">Hearthfire will be available September 4 on Xbox 360 for 400 Microsoft Points ($5), no other platforms are mentioned at this time. Skyrim's previous DLC, Dawnguard, took around a month to make its way to PC, but the PS3 version experienced some hiccups.

Sounds awesome!

Should it ever be released on the PS3... I like the idea of this one. I do find it odd how you can't have your own children though, I guess it doesn't have a mesh for characters to get preggers. I see me spending ages farming ingredients to make my own trophies of various smited foes. If only because I've always had an unhealthy obsession with having them all, my house on LOTRO certainly stood out...

Speaking of PS3 releases, is there an ETA on Dawngaurd yet?

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.

It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1407614-update-on-ps3-dlc/

I think i will just sell my ps3 version as soon as i get a new desktop Computer.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane