House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

See, one of my favourite things is that it starts out as a 'realistic' depiction of medieval type life by and large, then over time it gets more and more supernatural elements to it. Like, even to most in the show the notion of dragons, zombies and shadow demons seems ludicrous, yet is all actually the dominating part of the narrative in the end.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I do understand that but for the love of god couldn't he have mentioned something else about her past that isn't related to the night she was raped? That isn't the only thing that happened to her since they last spoke to eachother. Mention that the poison that was used to kill Joffrey was hidden in the pearls of her necklace or that Littlefinger pushed Lysa Arryn through the Moon Door. Also:

Hide contents

"The Three-Eyed Raven taught me"

"I thought you were the Three-Eyed Raven"

"I told you it's difficult to explain"

NO IT'S FUCKING NOT! Just say that the Three-Eyed Raven died and that you are his successor you imbecile!

And why were the people in King's Landing cheering on Euron? He works with/for (depending from whose perspective you are looking at the situation) Cersei. They hate Cersei. There is no reason for them to cheer him on.

When Bran kept saying he's was the Three-Eyed Raven, I kept having flashbacks to Iron Fist.  Danny telling everyone "I am the legendary Iron Fist."  Its like "No one else knows what that means!"

Guy watching this weeks episode.  Its also the first time he's watched GoT

• Like 1

Episode 4 leaked online. 

Major spoilers folks, just FYI

Winterfell

Bran says something to Littlefinger I couldn't make out, after Littlefinger gives him the dagger. Baelish looks pretty spooked afterwards. Arya returns, whom Bran gives the dagger to. Later on, Arya and Brienne spar (Arya citing Brienne's victory over The Hound as the reason why she waits to train with her), and Arya shows off her fighting skills. There's a nice little "let's get dangerous bit" as things get heated. Littlefinger watches with approval, as if he knows that if Sansa's not down for his scheming, Arya might be. 

Dragonstone

Jon shows Dany a cave full of dragonglass, but inside they find images drawn by the Children of the Forest. Including depicitions of White Walker. Dany realizes that the Children and the First Men fought together against the White Walkers, and that Jon isn't as full of shit as she once thought. 

Dany's also pissed at Tyrion, since his advice has cost her the Greyjoys, Tyrells and Martells. Word gets back of the debacle at Casterly Rock. 

Theon returns....only to be greeted by Jon. Jon tells him that the only reason he's letting Theon live is because of how he helped Sansa. Theon asks where Dany is. Jon says she's gone. WHICH BRINGS US TO...

Outside King's Landing

Jamie, Bronn and Randyll return with a caravan with the spoils of Highgarden. In the Red Keep, a pleased Cersei treats with Tycho, and there's mention of Qyburn trying to employ...The Golden Company. o_O

Jamie quips to Bronn "See, paying our debts". Bronn does his typical bitching about being underpaid. A couple scenes later, they're talking....then they hear horses. It's the Dothraki. 

The Lannister army goes into full "oh shit" mode, and then...they see it. Drogon. 

Jamie orders Bronn to man the Scorpion (Qyburn's ballista). His first shot misses, but on the second shot, he hits Drogon. Drogon's going down, but then manages to stabilize, and begins a strafing run against Bronn, who jumps before he's roasted. 

Randyll Tarly gets burnt pretty bad, but we don't actually see him dead, so he might be alive. 

Tyrion watches the battle. Drogon lands and Dany hops off to remove the spear that he was hit with. Jamie sees this, grabs a spear, and begins to charge. Tyrion quietly begs him to flee, as Drogon turns....

Right before the flames hit, someone knocks Jamie into the water. It ends with him sinking. 

2 hours ago, TCO said:

Did the quality of the copy you guys have shit on the screen while also not being great overall?

I wanna watch but don't want to see it in shitty quality :(

The quality was pretty shit. I'd recommend waiting for the proper episode, it will be worth it.

Edited by nabeel
clarity

48 hours to dodge the spoilers, pretty optimistic I'll get by.

On 8/3/2017 at 19:03, Rooney! said:

See, one of my favourite things is that it starts out as a 'realistic' depiction of medieval type life by and large, then over time it gets more and more supernatural elements to it. Like, even to most in the show the notion of dragons, zombies and shadow demons seems ludicrous, yet is all actually the dominating part of the narrative in the end.

It's a little less jarring watching than reading. The prologue is this really long introduction of the White Walkers. Before we get to any politics or intrigue he introduces the undead north of the Wall. It basically establishes them as the lurking baddie from the start, and we the reader know how important they are, but the characters are too busy. On TV they opened with that prologue as well, but because of the nature of TV scenes are shorter so you don't spend as much time with it and I think for a lot of people it just wound up being forgotten.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mick said:

Episode 4 leaked online. 

Hide contents

Winterfell

Bran says something to Littlefinger I couldn't make out, after Littlefinger gives him the dagger. Baelish looks pretty spooked afterwards. Arya returns, whom Bran gives the dagger to. Later on, Arya and Brienne spar (Arya citing Brienne's victory over The Hound as the reason why she waits to train with her), and Arya shows off her fighting skills. There's a nice little "let's get dangerous bit" as things get heated. Littlefinger watches with approval, as if he knows that if Sansa's not down for his scheming, Arya might be. 

Dragonstone

Jon shows Dany a cave full of dragonglass, but inside they find images drawn by the Children of the Forest. Including depicitions of White Walker. Dany realizes that the Children and the First Men fought together against the White Walkers, and that Jon isn't as full of shit as she once thought. 

Dany's also pissed at Tyrion, since his advice has cost her the Greyjoys, Tyrells and Martells. Word gets back of the debacle at Casterly Rock. 

Theon returns....only to be greeted by Jon. Jon tells him that the only reason he's letting Theon live is because of how he helped Sansa. Theon asks where Dany is. Jon says she's gone. WHICH BRINGS US TO...

Outside King's Landing

Jamie, Bronn and Randyll return with a caravan with the spoils of Highgarden. In the Red Keep, a pleased Cersei treats with Tycho, and there's mention of Qyburn trying to employ...The Golden Company. o_O

Jamie quips to Bronn "See, paying our debts". Bronn does his typical bitching about being underpaid. A couple scenes later, they're talking....then they hear horses. It's the Dothraki. 

The Lannister army goes into full "oh shit" mode, and then...they see it. Drogon. 

Jamie orders Bronn to man the Scorpion (Qyburn's ballista). His first shot misses, but on the second shot, he hits Drogon. Drogon's going down, but then manages to stabilize, and begins a strafing run against Bronn, who jumps before he's roasted. 

Randyll Tarly gets burnt pretty bad, but we don't actually see him dead, so he might be alive. 

Tyrion watches the battle. Drogon lands and Dany hops off to remove the spear that he was hit with. Jamie sees this, grabs a spear, and begins to charge. Tyrion quietly begs him to flee, as Drogon turns....

Right before the flames hit, someone knocks Jamie into the water. It ends with him sinking. 

Spoiler

I'm 99% sure that guy at the end was Bronn who looked to be sinking... I accept just about anybody dying in this show except Bronn!  I can't processed my feelings right now because I don't know!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, damshow said:

48 hours to dodge the spoilers, pretty optimistic I'll get by.

It's a little less jarring watching than reading. The prologue is this really long introduction of the White Walkers. Before we get to any politics or intrigue he introduces the undead north of the Wall. It basically establishes them as the lurking baddie from the start, and we the reader know how important they are, but the characters are too busy. On TV they opened with that prologue as well, but because of the nature of TV scenes are shorter so you don't spend as much time with it and I think for a lot of people it just wound up being forgotten.

That makes a lot of sense, I remember when I first went back to re-watch Episode 1 my first reaction was "I forgot they ever did this white walkers scene at the start".

19 hours ago, Mick said:

Episode 4 leaked online. 

Hide contents

Winterfell

Bran says something to Littlefinger I couldn't make out, after Littlefinger gives him the dagger. Baelish looks pretty spooked afterwards.

Spoiler

Littlefinger is trying to find out if Bran can be manipulated and how to do so. He talks about what a shame it is that Bran returns to his home obly to find the country in such chaos. Bran says that chaos is a ladder. It was the same phrase Littlefinger used when he talked to Varys about his ambitions in the throne room of the Red Keep in one of the earlier seasons.

Srar, this episode is fine.

Also spoilers about the episode.

Well that was the good shit.

Great cliffhanger, guess we'll wait a week (or two?) to find out if Jaime gets rescued from his potentially watery grave.

I wonder if now that Dany has decided to deploy Dothraki and dragons if she makes quick work of taking Westeros before finding out how hard Westeros is to control? I think there was some heavy foreshadowing everyone follows her because they believe in her, but the people in Westeros seem to hardened by war to think like that.

• Like 2