General Gaming Thread

TKz

16 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Fuck that, Christie is the best. Whirlwind kicks of death.And her counter backstep axe kick neutralized most offense.

I always thought Christie felt too "light" for the moves she did. Always preferred Eddy. It may just have been a mental thing. Not a fan of either mind, cheap button bash fighters that were too easily neutralised so long as you know what you're doing.

I really hate that I've got a PS4 and an Xbox One but am sitting here thinking about grabbing a PS3 as well.  There's just a treasure trove of games on there that I might never be able to get on PS4 (which is so goddamn dumb) that either I want to play again, or I've never played at all since I skipped the PS3.

• Like 1

Thats one of the biggest negatives of the current gen, the PS4 is the only one with no backwards compatabilty, the Wii U has it, the XBone got an upgrade for it and all Sony want to give us is a console that can do 4K when so few games have a use for it.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I really hate that I've got a PS4 and an Xbox One but am sitting here thinking about grabbing a PS3 as well.  There's just a treasure trove of games on there that I might never be able to get on PS4 (which is so goddamn dumb) that either I want to play again, or I've never played at all since I skipped the PS3.

Are they on PS Now?

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

Are they on PS Now?

Not really. I'm sure I would poke around PS3 games at some point, but mostly I want access to the classics library on PSN.  Want to play some old Final Fantasy games, Suikodens, etc.  Plus I'm just not a fan of PS Now.  I can get an 80gig for about $80 at the moment.

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I always thought Christie felt too "light" for the moves she did. Always preferred Eddy. It may just have been a mental thing. Not a fan of either mind, cheap button bash fighters that were too easily neutralised so long as you know what you're doing.

Ah but that's where you're wrong.

Someone who button mashes with them will be beaten easily, yes.

Someone who actually knows how to play them is unstoppable.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

The day I can play Fire Pro Returns on my PS4 will be the most glorious of days.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Benji said:

Not really, too much reliance on low sweeps.

When the low sweeps don't work, you set up the counter THEN bust out a flurry. I'm telling you, Christie is god tier disguised as a confusion-fu / button mash character.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

This all makes me feel lowly. My strategies never amount to much more than mashing the buttons.

I'm with you. It's why I generally do not play beat'em up games. I'm horrible at them other than just hitting buttons and hoping something comes together.

Listen to The Big Show talk about Destiny! Listen to him spend like 4 minutes talking about how much Titans suck!