Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda random question i was hoping someone could answer for me

I was watching Batman the Animated Series Volume 3 Finished it up and started volume 4 and it seems like a totally different show, it's similar in it's ways but certain things just seem like they were skipped or something.

Like at the end of Volume 3 Bat Girl had no idea who Batman was and was barely in the show at all but no she all of a suddenly knows who Batman is and is in the Bat Cave also Robin was fine with Batman at the end of Volume 3 but is gone at the start of Volume 4 and they bring in Tim Drake to be the new Robin out of no where

Was just curious if anyone can explain this to me

Edited by Drock007

Kinda random question i was hoping someone could answer for me

I was watching Batman the Animated Series Volume 3 Finished it up and started volume 4 and it seems like a totally different show, it's similar in it's ways but certain things just seem like they were skipped or something.

Hidden Content

Was just curious if anyone can explain this to me

If I remembed correctly the first thing you mentioned is explained in the Mister Freeze Movie and the second is explored in a episode of the show....

Edited by angeluzcr
  • Like 1

New Zealand filmmaker Taika Waititi, best known for directing the vampire comedy "What We Do in the Shadows" and the series "Flight of the Conchords," is in negotiations to direct "Thor: Ragnarok" for Marvel Studios.

Chris Hemsworth will return as the titular superhero in this third film which uses the classic Norse mythological name for the apocalypse and is expected to have a big impact on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Waititi reportedly beat out Ruben Fleischer ("Zombieland," "Gangster Squad") for the coveted job. Filming is expected to take place early next year.

• Like 2

A bit cross-posting, but maybe it will interest a few people who have been wanting to get into (Marvel) comics, but have been overwhelmed by the vast amount of continuity and story there is. Well, if you're looking for a hop-on point, this week is pretty much the best moment you'll ever have.

This week Marvel ''reboots'' all their comic series, which means that a lot of comics start right back at #1, either writing a completely new story, or taking parts of the past and working it into new content. It's not a New52 deal where everything is retconned, so there will still be backstory, but Marvel is determined in making the transition smooth and build a perfect jump on point for new comic readers.

The reason they've done it is because the MCU films and series have been super successful, which means more people than ever are interested in starting or returning to reading Marvel comics. So for the first time since the Ultimate universe was formed in 2001 (which wasn't exactly a reboot but instead a different universe) the entire Marvel continuity will be reset.

For a calendar on what's getting released, the best place is the Marvel site: http://marvel.com/comics/calendar?&offset=0&totalcount=24

Anyways, this was a bit out of context with film/tv, but I feel this will reach the people on this site that are interested in reading comics, but aren't checking the comic book thread...

An Ant-Man sequel, entitled "Ant-Man and the Wasp," has been announced. Release date is July 6, 2018, with Black Panther's release being moved up to February of that year and Captain Marvel being pushed back to 2019.

• Like 2

I really wish they'd stop delaying Captain Marvel. And Emily Blunt says she's had absolutely no contact with Marvel and doesn't even know what Captain Marvel is. My money is still on Natalie Dormer, but Feige even entertaining the Rousey rumor makes me nervous. 

I dunno about Natalie Dormer, I mean, she already had a (really small) role on Captain America, wouldn't that work against her? It's not like when Chris Evans was the Human Torch and then Captain America, those movies are set in different universes, this is an actress playing a role, no matter how small, in a movie, then going on to play a completely different role.

I dunno about Natalie Dormer, I mean, she already had a (really small) role on Captain America, wouldn't that work against her? 

I literally don't remember who she played. I can't imagine anyone who isn't The Most Continuity Obsessed would remember or care. At worst, they could do an in-jokey throwaway "hey, don't I know you?" bit.

• Like 4

I dunno about Natalie Dormer, I mean, she already had a (really small) role on Captain America, wouldn't that work against her? 

I literally don't remember who she played. I can't imagine anyone who isn't The Most Continuity Obsessed would remember or care. At worst, they could do an in-jokey throwaway "hey, don't I know you?" bit.

Because I hate myself and want people to spend all day on TV tropes, that is called "Lampshade Hanging"

She was the woman at the SSR in Captain America who cornered Cap and smooched him. Then Peggy saw them and got all angry and tried to shoot him later when they were looking for his new shield.