Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

I really wish they'd stop delaying Captain Marvel. And Emily Blunt says she's had absolutely no contact with Marvel and doesn't even know what Captain Marvel is. My money is still on Natalie Dormer, but Feige even entertaining the Rousey rumor makes me nervous. 

I doubt many of these actors or actresses know who most of their comic book characters are. I just think she'd be a great fit for the character. Natalie Dormer is not a bad call either though.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for sure, Blunt is a great fit for anything, but she ranted about it a few weeks ago because she was frustrated that there are only like 5 women who ever get mentioned for big action roles. 

Rumours abounding that Marvel have swapped the film rights for the Fantastic Four for the tv rights for X-Men, which sounds ruddy marvellous (no pun intended). A potentially good FF film in the MCU plus a fleshed out X-Men universe? Whoop whoop.

Real shame Fox has absolutely ruined the name value of the franchise..  Also a real shame Brad Bird will probably not want to direct a Fantasic Four movie considering he's already done Incredibles.

• Like 1

Me too, but that's largely because I don't care for the FF (outside of Doom and the fact that an FF film is the closest I'm ever going to get to a Namor appearance). They've been a mixed bag with X-Men films, but if it's one or the other then I'd rather they kept X-Men and FF go to Marvel to give them another shot.

X-Men is the only non Marvel property from the Marvel comics that has been successful lately though. X-Men were never going to Marvel until they bomb a couple of films, and the TV rights aren't going to make a huge difference, Wolverine wasn't about to show up on Agents of Shield. This deal is a win-win.

Only mildly excited for a Fantastic Four film, but Doom and Galactus in Avengers movies should be fantastic.

• Like 1

Given the fact that the MCU has already established that there are no "mutants" in their universe and the X Men were never going to revert back to Marvel, so seems like a fair trade to me. Like was said above, I'd love to see Galactus and Silver Surfer in the cosmic phase.

Edited by punky

Rumours abounding that Marvel have swapped the film rights for the Fantastic Four for the tv rights for X-Men, which sounds ruddy marvellous (no pun intended). A potentially good FF film in the MCU plus a fleshed out X-Men universe? Whoop whoop.

Now the word is those rumors are false.  Then again, I'm pretty sure the Spider-Man thing leaked, was called false and then later confirmed, so who knows..

Dr. Doom is my absolute favorite Marvel villain and he's been fucked up so many times that it hurts. I really hope that Marvel gets a shot at him, because it could be glorious. It's going to take quite the effort though, but I still have faith - over a decade of Fantastic Four fuckery is a bit more of a heavy load than just one set of bat nipples mind.

• Like 1