Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm weirdly interested in an Adam Sandler voiced Rocket Raccoon. He can be pretty good when he's not directing or writing himself!

Also, man... Doctor Strange?

I want a god damn Ms. Marvel film. :( Someone posted an awesome set on Tumblr with Yvonne Strahovski as Ms. Marvel and some other lady as Spider-Woman and it made me weep inside because it'll never happen. And stupid fucking Emily Blunt will probably be Ms. Marvel. Or not even that, just Carol Danvers. :( Would it kill Marvel to have a feature film based around a heroine that isn't Black Widow?

I'm sure I'll be excited closer to the time, it's just, Strange is pretty far down on my list of characters I'd like to see get a feature film. I mean, he's above like, Black Panther and Iron Fist, but I'd still rather see a Ms. Marvel film or Nova or Luke Cage or someone like that (though, I'd assume Nova features in GotG in some way). I guess it's not like they made this INSTEAD of any of those, but I dunno. I'm just bitter.

With the cosmic stories coming into play, and being possible for the storyline of Avengers 2, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a cosmic hero being added to the ranks of the team, and Ms Marvel would be a fairly easy one to add.

They would just need to introduce Captain Marvel, whether in Guardians of the Galaxy or maybe even the SHIELD tv show. Have the big explosion happen where he's nearby Carol Danvers, and then have her return in another movie or later in the SHIELD series with the powers of the Kree warrior. As she could already have been working for SHIELD, her inclusion in the Avengers would make sense for two reasons. First, so that they have a cosmic entity on the team to help with off-world threats. Second, so that the team can monitor her and try to help her understand and harness her powers.

As for what Captain Marvel would be doing there in the first place, they could have the Kree being used by Thanos as his new army after the Avengers disposed of most of the Chitauri. Have Marvel be on earth to study the humans and to find weaknesses for Thanos and the Kree to expose. Have him change his mind after handing over the information, turning him into a tragic figure that dies and gives birth to Ms Marvel.

With the cosmic stories coming into play, and being possible for the storyline of Avengers 2, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a cosmic hero being added to the ranks of the team, and Ms Marvel would be a fairly easy one to add.

They would just need to introduce Captain Marvel, whether in Guardians of the Galaxy or maybe even the SHIELD tv show. Have the big explosion happen where he's nearby Carol Danvers, and then have her return in another movie or later in the SHIELD series with the powers of the Kree warrior. As she could already have been working for SHIELD, her inclusion in the Avengers would make sense for two reasons. First, so that they have a cosmic entity on the team to help with off-world threats. Second, so that the team can monitor her and try to help her understand and harness her powers.

As for what Captain Marvel would be doing there in the first place, they could have the Kree being used by Thanos as his new army after the Avengers disposed of most of the Chitauri. Have Marvel be on earth to study the humans and to find weaknesses for Thanos and the Kree to expose. Have him change his mind after handing over the information, turning him into a tragic figure that dies and gives birth to Ms Marvel.

That'd be pretty much what I'd hope for. That's basically the way he comes to earth in Ultimate Marvel. I really hope Captain Marvel features in Avengers 2 as part of the Thanos storyline, with Carol Danvers getting the powers from him then. Then let her feature in that film and then maybe even give her a feature herself. I would say he could turn up in GotG, but I'm hoping that the big extra characters in that story will be Nova and Quasar.

Nova's always been a favorite of mine. I really was hoping that he'd be part of the team for Guardians, but I would take a cameo or secondary role gladly, if it means that they're planning on giving him a movie or series of his own.

Nova's always been a favorite of mine. I really was hoping that he'd be part of the team for Guardians, but I would take a cameo or secondary role gladly, if it means that they're planning on giving him a movie or series of his own.

I'm really, really hoping the Guardians of the Galaxy film is based around the Annihilation story. Nova and GotG just facing off against Annihilus. I mean, all you'd really have to work around is removing Galactus and the Heralds from the film, which isn't even such a huge part of it. I'm sure you could replace Galactus' power source with the a Cosmic Cube or something.

I'm really, really hoping the Guardians of the Galaxy film is based around the Annihilation story. Nova and GotG just facing off against Annihilus. I mean, all you'd really have to work around is removing Galactus and the Heralds from the film, which isn't even such a huge part of it. I'm sure you could replace Galactus' power source with the a Cosmic Cube or something.

Which could tie into Thor as an easter-egg or a what's to come for Guardians.

A lot of people look at Guardians of the Galaxy as a movie that's just out of left field, but it very easily ties into the existing story and expands upon it, while opening up new parts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to explore.

I don't really see how it is, though. Is it necessary for him to be an Adonis when they're just gonna CGI the shit out of the suit anyways? No. So why not go for a guy that's fucking awesome like Paul fucking Giamatti?

Joe Cornish co-writing Ant Man is amazing.

Also, if it's done well, Dr. Strange has potential to be my favourite comic book movie ever. Absolutely love the character. Viggo would have been perfect, but I'm sure there's a host of actors that could make the role work, so long as they don't try and make it as quippy as pretty much every other Marvel hero.

Weird but also awesome. I can totally see it. Rhino is sort of the unlucky, working class sadsack of the Marvel villain scene.

I don't really see how it is, though. Is it necessary for him to be an Adonis when they're just gonna CGI the shit out of the suit anyways? No. So why not go for a guy that's fucking awesome like Paul fucking Giamatti?

It's up there with Alfred Molina as Doc Ock for me in terms of slightly unexpected but top ideas.

And I think Joe Cornish doing Antman has been top of my must see films list since it was rumoured years ago. Amazing.