Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm finally getting Harley Quinn in a movie AND it's Margo Robbie :blush:, I don't give a fuck what the Joker looks like. I have faith that Leto is gonna have the right mix of comic book and gritty Joker.

Warner Bros panel is currently going on at Comic Con, they've shown Suicide Squad footage and are just starting the Batman/Superman portion, so I imagine leaked footage and perhaps the new trailer will be popping up in the next few hours.

So that actually looks pretty cool, some really nice Batman stuff in there, though I am utterly confused by those scenes of him in the desert.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 3

Huh, are they actually going to address how he destroyed half of Metropolis? I would be really interested if they did so.

I'm just really interested to see how big a role Wonder Woman has in this. She looks like she's getting tons of action, so I'm hopeful.

What on earth was the horses scene, though?

That trailer actually matches up well with the supposed story leak from about a month ago. Kind of regretting reading that whole thing now.

Eurgh, only wish it wasn't another Batman film. There's been enough from the past decade, and a huge plethora of characters I'd rather have a movie instead. I mean, it's not like Batman is going to fade into the background during any of the team-up movies. 

Batman is easy money, and no other stand-alone DC property could rival the box office numbers. You may not be interested, but I think you're in the minority. If DC is serious about having a successful cinematic universe and Affleck wants to do a solo movie, they'd be foolish not to. Besides, it can be fresh in a lot of ways if they choose the right villain. Avoid using Joker, Bane, Al Ghoul, Scarecrow, and Two-Face and you're fine. As far as marquee rogues go, Riddler is long overdue, Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze could use a reboot, and it'll have been over 25 years since we've seen Penguin on the big screen.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Well yeah, I get why they're doing it, I'm just wished they wouldn't. I've seen 3 different Batman movies in the last decade, I'm going to watch another 2 more next year (depending on how prominent he's going to be in Suicide Squad), meanwhile there's whole lot of other characters I'd rather see get movies instead. 

• Like 1

No idea, hard to predict.  Sometimes they put it out immediately like with BvS, but other times they won't release it for a few months, like they did with Avengers and Dark Knight.  I'm leaning towards no since its still very much in production and doesn't really require too much promotion yet.

That trailer actually matches up well with the supposed story leak from about a month ago. Kind of regretting reading that whole thing now.

Eurgh, only wish it wasn't another Batman film. There's been enough from the past decade, and a huge plethora of characters I'd rather have a movie instead. I mean, it's not like Batman is going to fade into the background during any of the team-up movies. 

Batman is easy money, and no other stand-alone DC property could rival the box office numbers. You may not be interested, but I think you're in the minority. If DC is serious about having a successful cinematic universe and Affleck wants to do a solo movie, they'd be foolish not to. Besides, it can be fresh in a lot of ways if they choose the right villain. Avoid using Joker, Bane, Al Ghoul, Scarecrow, and Two-Face and you're fine. As far as marquee rogues go, Riddler is long overdue, Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze could use a reboot, and it'll have been over 25 years since we've seen Penguin on the big screen.