Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilda Swinton is in talks to join Doctor Strange as The Ancient One.

Not familiar with the character (beyond it traditionally being male) but Swinton in a Marvel movie? YES. PLEASE.

Big day for people negotiating for comic book roles apparently...

Chris Pine is in talks for Steve Trevor for the Wonder Woman movie.

Makes sense to add some star power to the project since Gadot's not a huge name. Double bonus? Takes him out of the running for Green Lantern (and I like Pine but that didn't seem like a good fit).

Edited by livid

Not familiar with the character (beyond it traditionally being male) but Swinton in a Marvel movie? YES. PLEASE.

Makes sense to add some star power to the project since Gadot's not a huge name. Double bonus? Takes him out of the running for Green Lantern (and I like Pine but that didn't seem like a good fit).

Wait, really? Pine has been one of my top choices for Hal Jordan since the first Star Trek.

Wait, really? Pine has been one of my top choices for Hal Jordan since the first Star Trek.

Like Reynolds, I think he can be serviceable in straight-man roles but in general, his best work tends to be when he's given the freedom to be funny. That's also why I never really bought that they were interested in him for the role.

They very easily could have made it work but skillset would be better utilized as a different hero, preferably Marvel.

Edited by livid

Hal Jordan is a pretty jokey character, man! The film didn't push it remotely enough, but outside of some horrible shit happening to Hal, he tends to be pretty lighthearted. The kind of confident, jokey swagger you might need to play James Kirk, actually. >_>

Fair enough; sounds like he's a better fit than I thought!

Still though, I highly doubt WB goes in a direction that could in any way draw comparisons to the first so that's why I find it a little surprising they haven't flat out announced that it's a different character than Hal Jordan.

Fair enough; sounds like he's a better fit than I thought!

Still though, I highly doubt WB goes in a direction that could in any way draw comparisons to the first so that's why I find it a little surprising they haven't flat out announced that it's a different character than Hal Jordan.

If they're truly dedicated to grimdark, they need to go with Kyle Rayner and do the whole 'girlfriend in a fridge' scene.

However, what they really SHOULD do is go with John Stewart, as a large part of the fanbase is already familiar with him as the GL from the animated series.

• Like 1

She has stupid facial tats too? :lol:

Yeah, I knew she had the cheek heart and I was fine with that sine it reminds me of the one Emilie Autumn does in her makeup

http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/thumbs/preview/61/611117__emilie-autumn_p.jpg

But the other one is just as stupid as any of Joker's.

New Suicide Squad imageshttp://i.imgur.com/jGeH8eP.png

I assume that's Batfleck

Nah, it's Adam West.

Seriously, what the fuck are they doing?

How does that get approved? Even people who were fine with the Joker tattoos ended their defense with "except for the dumb forehead tattoo"

Its so fucking dumb.

Bats looks cool though.

• Like 1

I love it so much. I genuinely can't wait to see this cause it's gonna be so off-the-wall bonkers. Fuck anybody who's actually saddened by what's happening here, I am thrilled.

• Like 2

Can you get "Excited for Suicide Squad" tattooed on your face? Otherwise I'm not sure its going to translate.

• Like 7

I'm going to call it here, this isn't going to be "ironically enjoying Nic Cage movies" as much as it's going to be po-faced mid/late 90's comic book movie garbage. You're going to be disappointed when it's not the kind of bad you're hoping for.

Edited by Killer Cloudy
  • Like 1

What makes you think I can't find enjoyment in those trashy Comic movies from the 90s? You can't outright claim a movie is going to be terrible just because of stupid face tattoos that show just as much nuance as a bag of dogshit. You have no context for any of it. It's crazier to assume that the movie will be genuinely awful from pictures than it is to actually put Deranged on the Joker's forehead.

• Like 3

Well it doesn't speak highly of the director's decision making, that's for sure.

And I still can't see Batman around neon without getting Schumacher flashbacks.