Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly the script for Civil War leaked (I stress the word "supposedly"), and I'm literally quoting someone else's post on another board about it, but...

Spider-Man:

He's already a vigilante, with a shitty homemade costume, and he's the one turning the most heads, because he's actually superpowered and much more public than others (Daredevil is referenced). Stark recruits him to the government-sponsored Avengers, and they have a teacher-and-student relationship. He gets the suit from Stark.

He eventually feels the Avengers are taking their feud a little too far, and calls out Stark on his bullshit. In the end, he's one of the few still in activity, even though he reneges on the government sponsorship.

He doesn't interact much with Cap, though. I missed that.

Steve notices that, while everyone is beating eachother, Spider-Man has peeled off and is rescuing civilians. He realizes they're fighting for themselves, not for the people, and they need to work together if they want to stop HYDRA.

Spider-Man is the heart of the team.

Peter says "I am the spider!" a lot randomly in the middle of important and engaging scenes and you're supposed to understand he's just really messed up in the head from it.

He says it repeatedly during various heated scenes until the awkward looks from everyone make it clear that he's not normal, and is MCU's first autistic hero as Tony later diagnoses him.

What the actual fuck? Most of that sounds okay, but the "catchphrase" and the last bit... uhhh.

Tristy's Civil War spoilers:

I mean, I would like an autistic superhero if I trusted any movie studio to handle it respectfully. But that's not going to happen. The Tony diagnoses him part especially is ugh.

Yeah...

Hey lets get the rights back to one of our most beloved characters and then, we'll make a bunch of changes no one likes! Yeah, that's a fantastic idea and totally in line with what Marvel Studios does!

that reads like one of those things where it starts out totally reasonable and then turns into the lyrics to the Fresh Prince theme by the end. Not buying it.

• Like 9

Anything that removes them from the Singerverse is worth whatever the price is. Its tired, played out and has been going on for 15 fucking years. Let it die.

Comic films have had enough reboots, X-Men doesn't need it. As mentioned DOFP managed to do an in-continuity reboot, which is fairly impressive.

They're in a good, fairly fresh position with most of the old cast gone or on their ways out. I think Jackman is done after his next one so he won't be the focus anymore (as good as he is). Not to mention McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Hoult etc. are all doing incredibly well (especially Fassbender), plus some of the new castings are really cool like Sophie Turner.

tl;dr I like the idea of a New Mutants film.

Anything that removes them from the Singerverse is worth whatever the price is. Its tired, played out and has been going on for 15 fucking years. Let it die.

So we're just ignoring the fact that Days of Future Past exceeded every movie before it both critically and financially? Gotcha.

You're clearly not a fan, which is fine, but let's not pretend like Fox has any reason whatsoever not to continue with the franchise as it stands today.

• Like 2

So we're just ignoring the fact that Days of Future Past exceeded every movie before it both critically and financially? Gotcha.

You're clearly not a fan, which is fine, but let's not pretend like Fox has any reason whatsoever not to continue with the franchise as it stands today.

Just because something makes money doesn't mean it isn't tired and played out. They made a shit ton of Saw movies and most of them made money, doesn't mean they were good. Its a boring franchise that doesn't even come close to reaching it's full potential and never will until they break away from Singer has his garbage. First Class was a glimpse of what they could do, then they let Singer come back in and fart all over it. Sure Days was better than X3, but that's not really an accomplishment. Same shitty wire work, same meandering plot with one big action sequence for the trailers and not much else and then another lame ending that doesn't reach a resolution. Hmm, turns out you can't trust Magneto and dagnabit, he got away again!

There's just soooo much more that could be done with this franchise if they got away from Singer's stuff, and First Class showed that. Then they ran right back into it.