Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the Supergirl trailer. Yea, that show looks entirely unoffensive and downright fun. I hope the whole "My name is Kara Zor-el. 24 years ago" thing stays as part of its opening. I could get to like that as the kinda DCTU thing. They do it wit The Flash, Arrow, if they do it with Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow it would be cool.

Yeah that was a super fun trailer! 6 minutes of footage seems a little too much, though, shouldn't have shown some of the cooler stuff (like the baddie flying out of the truck's windshield when she smashes into it).

Also, according to an interview in Hollywood Reporter in January, Supergirl might be included in the Arrowverse (they need a better term. I know Arrow is kinda the anchor show, but thats a terrible term) and the posibilities of crossing over are there

Fazekas: Marc, CBS is doing Supergirl. What is the possibility of a crossover?
Guggenheim: It's possible.
THR: I actually heard it's in Greg's deal, that Supergirl can cross over with Flash and/or Arrow.

I desperately want this Supergirl interacting with CW Flash. I cannot emphasize this enough. It would be the dorkiest "YAY WE'RE HAVING A SUPERHERO TEAM-UP" thing ever.

• Like 3

Holy crap I knew the girl playing Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) looked familiar. She was the girl who worked at the movie theater in Whiplash. That's awesome, I liked her a lot, no wonder I immediately liked her again in the trailer.

According to iO9, the creators of Constantine have been in talks to take the show to The CW

• Like 2

They revealed Caity Lotz's character for the Legends of Tomorrow spin-off

White Canary

Also, the show will bounce back and forth between past and present. Should debut in January/February.

They revealed Caity Lotz's character for the Legends of Tomorrow spin-off

White Canary

Also, the show will bounce back and forth between past and present. Should debut in January/February.

And the first trailer is here. Spoilered because it mentions things happening in Flash/Arrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

Looks a lot better than it sounded on paper. Consider me intrigued.

Edited by livid

It definitely addresses something from last night's Arrow (and I'm not even sure how big of a thing it is as I haven't watched it but wasn't sure) but you should be good re: The Flash actually.

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

As long as it gets me Wentworth Miller overacting every week, I'm sold

So Arthur Darvill goes from being a companion of a time travelling Time Lord, to being a time travelling Time Master? Someone is getting typecast

I love that trailer! There's too many good superhero shows happening, how the hell am I supposed to have time for life?!

Well, it's a midseason show so it won't have the robust order Arrow and Flash get. You'll have SOME time for life.

• Like 2