Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Surely better that than him be in his 70s? Magic Marvel timeline, everyone's birthday moves but Cap, who's origin gets better the further we get from WW2 given he was originally frozen for less than 20 years.

I'm not saying I want him to be in his 70's, just that I wish we could get the Vietnam background because I feel like the character of Punisher really comes from that war as much as he comes from what happened to him after the war. Punisher Max is a pretty fucking awesome series, outside of Garth Ennis' love of teenager gritty bits (TITS AND GORE YEAH), because Frank actually ages through the run. He's like in his 50's by the end of it, suffers from arthritis in his hands and is just a fucking wreck. It's great.

I realize it's not possible, it just feels like you lose a great aspect of the character without it, which'd be a shame. I'm sure they'd do a great job integrating him into a Middle East Conflict background, but Vietnam is The Punisher's war, always will be. In a lot of ways, he's treated as a mirror for Captain America - except he didn't get the glorious hero run Cap did - he experienced the reality of Vietnam.

Oh man, now I'm just bummed out that we don't get this scene in Civil War...

Also, what's going on with Goddard? Last I heard he was pegged for Spider-Man and that's why he left Daredevil?

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what's going on with Goddard? Last I heard he was pegged for Spider-Man and that's why he left Daredevil?

You heard wrong. Here are the front-runners to direct Spider-Man:

Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies, 50/50); Ted Melfi (St. Vincent); Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect); John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein (Vacation); and Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite).

Goddard did leave Daredevil to concentrate on Sinister Six but the leaked emails seem to suggest that the exit wasn't exactly on good terms. After the Sony-Marvel stuff dropped, it was reported that Goddard was taking over for Spider-Man but like LL said, he's not on the list that was reported today. I'm assuming there's either still some animosity there that they'd prefer to just go in a different direction or they wanted Goddard to adapt Sinister Six into it and plans changed.

Edited by livid

Wait wait John Francis Daley like kid from Freaks & Geeks John Francis Daley?

Yep. He's been making a name for himself as a screenwriter lately (Horrible Bosses) but he's making his directorial debut with his writing partner on Vacation (which they also wrote).

You heard wrong. Here are the front-runners to direct Spider-Man:

Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies, 50/50); Ted Melfi (St. Vincent); Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect); John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein (Vacation); and Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite).

I mean, there's a lot of films there I'm not familiar with, but I hope they don't go giving it to a primarily comedy writer. I dunno guys, I remember being so hopeful about Marc Webb. And look at all the horrible stuff he did when he had to write anything but the romance stuff.

Did you say the same thing about the Russo Brothers? :P

Touche.gif

EDIT: I just found this gif on google but man, the more you look at it, the more it looks like Dean is realizing a network TV logo is materializing before him, thinks about it for a second, then accepts that it's probably not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

Wow, I was not expecting pretty much everyone but Hulk to show up. Love that Thunderbolt Ross is coming back for this too.

That almost guarantees a post-credit scene of Ant-Man getting recruited into the New Avengers (are they going to be called this officially?), I think.

Also, I somehow get the feeling that Zemo and Crossbones will end up being decoy main villains and Freeman will somehow be the main antagonist of the film. They say he's going to interrogate Black Panther, so it'll be interesting to see where that goes.

Love that Ross is back, though. He's probably going to be one of the main voices campaigning for a superhero registry act.