Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let us move on from judging the film by a picture and find out why it was that Tom Hardy dropped out from the film:

“Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the script is really f*cking alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s f*cking alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans.

There’s a very practical element as to why I’ve missed out on that foray, which is because Alejandro [G. Inarritu] has overshot by three months in Calgary, so we’ve got to go back out to Patagonia or Alaska to continue shooting The Revenant which has turned into a much bigger beast than we thought, but that also looks exceptional…
It would have smashed the two, I would’ve had a beard. It was just not gonna happen so I got ass-slammed technically out of Suicide Squad, gutted, so I had to hand it over to Joel Kinnaman, who will do an amazing job.”

So, we have Leo DiCaprio to blame then. Also, what the fuck does "alley" mean in this context?

Oh. I thought you were being serious :P

I think it might have to do with how Inarritu wanted to shoot the film. A quick wiki check and apparently he wanted to shoot the whole movie in natural light, and chronologically as well. Add the part that they're shooting in very remote parts of Canada, it's no wonder they're taking longer than expected.

Now let us move on from judging the film by a picture and find out why it was that Tom Hardy dropped out from the film:

“Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the script is really f*cking alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s f*cking alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans.

There’s a very practical element as to why I’ve missed out on that foray, which is because Alejandro [G. Inarritu] has overshot by three months in Calgary, so we’ve got to go back out to Patagonia or Alaska to continue shooting The Revenant which has turned into a much bigger beast than we thought, but that also looks exceptional…
It would have smashed the two, I would’ve had a beard. It was just not gonna happen so I got ass-slammed technically out of Suicide Squad, gutted, so I had to hand it over to Joel Kinnaman, who will do an amazing job.”

So, we have Leo DiCaprio to blame then. Also, what the fuck does "alley" mean in this context?

"Alley" means bad ass. It's a strange term for him to use, I've only ever seen/heard it used in military circles.

Maybe they recast War Machine again.

Out of all the given suggestions so far, this is the one that is most hilarious in my mind for some reason.

I loved the Thomas Jane Punished film but a properly marvel driven one would be fantastic. I read somewhere Tom Hardy wanted the lead but can't remember where :(

• Like 1

Punisher is definitely better served as Netflix series. I think the three failed films prove that plenty. (not that a film couldn't work)

Fuck, just give Stephen DeKnight and Drew Goddard another dumptruck of money and let them go buck wild. After Daredevil, I'm pretty happy with both being the kings of the Netflix corner of MCU.

Man, I'm not bothered about the violence, I'd just really fucking love a Punisher series that features flashbacks to him at war. It just sucks it'd be retconned to be a Middle East conflict and not Vietnam.

Surely better that than him be in his 70s? Magic Marvel timeline, everyone's birthday moves but Cap, who's origin gets better the further we get from WW2 given he was originally frozen for less than 20 years.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly

I have a feeling DeKnight is already working on it, actually. He won't shut up about the character and has previously said he's working on something he can't tell people about it yet so I'm assuming that means Marvel has him working on something else. Or it could be entirely unrelated to Marvel.

And Goddard had nothing to do with the series after the second episode and based on some of the Sony email leaks, probably isn't exactly welcome at Marvel right now.