Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did they even fix that? He has it back now.

How did they even fix that? He has it back now.

From what I've heard....badly.

Apparently during the "Endgame" storyline, the Joker not only apparently gained regeneration abilities (like he needed that!), but also found out Bruce Wayne is Batman. Amongst some other stupid shit I'd rather not even think about.....

Endgame spoilers

I've been reading Endgame. Its actually pretty great. I don't recall them even addressing his face. The regen stuff isn't 100% solid. Batman still doubt's it and the idea that Joker is some supernatural entity that's always been with Gotham. The evidence for is mounting but tbh I think that's all manipulation by Joker. I think that Joker has this all planned out to convince Batman that it's true so Batman, thinking Joker is immortal, will do something fatal in an attempt to take him down. That way Joker wins because he got Batman to kill.

Edited by Kirkland

Honestly the new 52 it's way more shit then it deserves, yeah the the characters and stories can be hit or miss, but when they hit, they really hit.

Maybe I'm just being biased cause I've always been a DC fan boy at heart and the relaunch is what got me back into comics after a 6-8 year layoff.

Edited by WeAreOne

The New 52 books that are good are really good.

The problem I have with them, is that I feel like picking and choosing what is canon is lazy. They should have just rebooted the entire thing and started fresh. Of course, that's an issue I have with all publishers, is that they're constantly retconning what actually happened, and lots of amazing stories have been voided by these constant refreshes. It makes it hard to feel connected to anything, when you're not sure it's actually going to matter in six months.

I honestly believe that Snyder's run of Batman is the best the character has ever had. Obviously best is subjective, but I've not read a Batman story that's hit all the right notes for me harder than Snyder's run. I quite liked Eternal too, though the story wasn't quite as strong as Batman's. Outside of Death of the Family that felt a bit weak, the rest is some of the best stories for Batman I've ever read. Court of Owls and End Game are magnificent.

I don't know about the rest of the New 52 stuff, I've always been a Marvel guy at heart, but some of it definitely felt lacking. I'd say the highlights outside of Batman were The Flash, Grayson, Wonder Woman and I've heard great things about Aquaman, though I haven't read it myself. Obviously Batwoman before the writers quit was the bestest DC story ever forever and ever, but it doesn't seem to be listed on the wiki for New 52, so I guess it doesn't count as New 52.

So Suicide Squad cameo spoiler

Affleck is on set currently, so it looks like at the very least there will be a Bruce Wayne cameo

And Latino Review has tidbit about a scene added late to the script of Batman V. Superman that sounds like a very cool addition

Flashback scene of Joker torturing and killing Robin (Jason Todd) that haunts Batman

• Like 1

Just an FYI for anyone who's not seen Age of Ultron yet: there is a mid credits scene, but no post credits scene.

I know it was brought up in the other topic, but this way people can see it without the movie getting spoiled.

• Like 4

Probably not meant for here but can't figure out where else to put it. Am watching through Batman: The Brave and The Bold at the minute and enjoying it. Aquaman is brilliant. Batman has a litany of shit villains on the show that keep on reappearing yet Joker, Penguin, Ra's Al Ghaul only pop up once or twice, it is quite refreshing. Now there appears to be some kind of mind controlling starfish on the way to conquer the Earth.

And Will Smith is bringing back his character from the Wild Wild West music video if the latest set photos are any indication!

I'm pretty fucking psyched for Suicide Squad. It's so far been one of the more interesting superhero projects to follow and it looks like it's trying to be it's own thing.

Yeah I've been pretty excited since they announced Ayer was helming it. He's just perfect for the material.
  • Like 1

First look at Jubilee and Jean Grey (in street clothes) for the next X-Men!

rs_600x600-150430121802-600-sophie-turne

Love it. I really hope the oversized sunglasses will be there too for Jubes.

• Like 5

I was coming in here to post that! Jubilee looks perfect. Not sure on Jean yet.

Oh and here is a Suicide Squad set picture of Deadshot and a new photo of Batman.

Edited by Kirkland