Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys had a choice between seeing Age of ultron in 2d, travelling further but seeing it sooner vs travelling half the distance, seeing it in 3d but waiting minimum of a week longer to see it what would you choose? Really what it all boils down whether seeing it the first time in 3d is worth waiting a minimum of an extra week for that privilege.

If you guys had a choice between seeing Age of ultron in 2d, travelling further but seeing it sooner vs travelling half the distance, seeing it in 3d but waiting minimum of a week longer to see it what would you choose? Really what it all boils down whether seeing it the first time in 3d is worth waiting a minimum of an extra week for that privilege.

I'd rather have a knob in my ear than ever watch anything in 3D ever again. It's awful and is a huge contributing factor to the fact that I've been to the cinema about twice in the last five years, despite previously going more than once a week.

• Like 2

I'd rather have a knob in my ear than ever watch anything in 3D ever again. It's awful and is a huge contributing factor to the fact that I've been to the cinema about twice in the last five years, despite previously going more than once a week.

Why, though? There's a huge percentage of films that are only released in 2D, and you have the option to see any film in 2D usually. I didn't actually mind the 3D in Avengers (which I had to watch for a press screening), but I still definitely prefer 2D every time.

• Like 1

Because aside from it being awful, it hiked up the prices of literally everything else in the cinema, from tickets to food and drinks (which was already pretty damn expensive) and my local cinema has a limited number of screens and half the time they're taken up by 3D.

I'd now much rather spend my time in comfy seats at home with my own food and watch it on my TV/computer than some uncomfortable, sticky, over priced, poorly air conditioned, and crowded cinema.

That sounds like it has a lot more to do with your local cinema, and the cinema experience in general, than 3D though.

With that said, I do have a huge issue with 3D and having to carefully pick specific times to make sure I get to watch a film in 2D. So I'm with you on that.

It is, it's a local problem (the alternative is taking an hour long bus/train ride to Leicester and then a long walk to watch a film, which is way too much time to spend for a movie, and extra cost which I already object to), but I also despise 3D, it gives me a massive headache and I don't appreciate the style at all anyway, it feels cheap to me, thus why I'd rather not watch in 3D in the first place.

I can't say I've ever seen a film that was massively improved by 3D. It feels so gimmicky, even in films like the first Cap movie. WOOOOOAH LOOK AT THE THING JUMPIN' OUT ATCHA, WOOOOOOOOOOOAH

• Like 2

The only IMAX showings of Guardians of the Galaxy they had here was in 3D, which is why my girlfriend and I watched it, and it was absolutely spectacular. Before that I hadn't watched anything in 3D since it started becoming popular again, around the Avatar release, because like Benji it'd give me a headache and I hated it. It's why I didn't mind watching Age of Ultron in IMAX 3D, and that resulted in it being wonderful as well.