Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

Official release look a whole lot better

• Like 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the grimdark stuff thrown around. It's serious and is probably going to be low on the funny but it's not over the top. It's no more dark than three 3 previous Batman movies. The only thing that strikes me as even coming close to being over the top is "false god" and "You will" but even then I can easily see crazy people labeling Superman a false god and that sets up Luthor's issue with Superman as well.

Honestly I prefer this to the trailer for the new Avengers movie that was posted in this thread. When I saw that trailer my first thought was "Ooooh look at them, they're so cool with their cool funny lines :rolleyes: ".

Edited by Kirkland

Oh look at Batman, he's so cool with his gruff grimdark grimdarking and brooding. The difference between this and Nolan's films is that, with Nolan's films, if you strip away the context of "he's a superhero", they're still good films. Even the weakest of the bunch. With this film, it's just LOOK IT'S THOSE COMIC BOOK GUYS YOU LIKE BEIN' DARK AND BROODY THAT'S COOL RIGHT? Zack Snyder's involvement doesn't really fill me with confidence either.

• Like 2

I don't know why I'm even going to engage in this, but okay.....there's nothing of fucking value in this trailer. The only interesting thing to me was seeing Affleck in the batsuit. Other than that, there's nothing really interesting. The only action is so incredibly generic, it could have fit in with any action movie of the last 10 years. Then, the big capper is the show down between the two of them that was shown a fucking year ago as SDCC. A year later and this is the best they can do?

There's no comparison between that and the Age of Ultron trailer, which introduced new characters and gave glimpses of action scenes unique to the film.

But you've got questionable taste and a hard on for Batman, so why I am even bothering? Its not an issue of it being serious, that's great because non-serious Batman films are dreadful. The issue is everyone looks completely fucking miserable, which is not what Superman is about. It was the wrong tone in Man of Steel, its the wrong tone here.

MOS has been my favorite super-hero movie with only ASM2 coming close to it so I'm just gonna put this down to different tastes.

Batman is at his best when it's intentionally campy, it adds a layer of insanity to Gotham city and it's citizens, I think. Maybe I'm just tired of super serious, if anyone dares to crack a smile or have a moment of pure happiness it's the end of the world Batman.

• Like 1

I thought the trailer was awesome. Ultron looks equally awesome. People get a little circle-jerky in both camps, and I don't know why enjoying Marvel and DC films has to be mutually exclusive. It's not a sporting event.

• Like 1

Grimdark Batman is completely fine. That's the tone of the character, and the tone of the comic.

It is not the tone of Superman, and that's why MoS sucked, and that's why this trailer looks like shit. Superman embodies hope. No matter what happens, Superman is the shining light, the beacon of hope, he is the rallying point. Making him dark for the sake of 'edgy' shows that the person doing so has no fucking clue what makes Superman a great character.

I basically agree with Maxx, this discussion will go nowhere.

Yeah I don't get bashing this and then praising the AoU stuff. I've never had any interest in anything DC, don't really like any of the their movies (not even the Nolan stuff) and I thought the trailer looked ok.

On the other hand, maybe it's just because Marvel movies have such a high standard but AoU looks like it's going to be the biggest clusterfuck ever (more so than this one). From the trailers and everything they've released it just seems like it's going to be on the bottom of the MCU.

Yeah, AoU will be a total clustfuck as they introduce 3 new major characters, two of which already got teased and appeared in a previous film. It'll be an absolute mess, what with the already established character dynamics and relationships that it has to work with, built on years worth of previous films and planned out within a larger story. Yes, that film will be the clusterfuck, not Warner's hastily thrown together attempt to catch up to Marvel. Nah, the film that has to introduce Batman, Alfred, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and more, while still trying to tell a coherent story, that's the one that won't be a massive clusterfuck. I mean how could it be? It's directed by the guy who did Suckerpunch.

• Like 4

The key thing is that Avengers doesn't have to sell a concept, it's a continuation of about ten films now and you know what you're getting. A throwaway trailer works fine as they could probably get away with just a still frame of the name and the release date to TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

And the best part about it is that they didn't just give us a throwaway trailer. They gave us awesome shots of Iron Man vs. Hulk, Ultron ripping the world apart and that amazing shot in the snowy jungle of all the Avengers leaping into action. And that's probably only a tiny sliver of the awesome moments that will be in store. It will probably have a million more, many of them better than the ones shown in the trailer.

The Dawn of Justice trailer gave us a statue and a ugly as fuck batsuit.

• Like 1

Just watched it, it looks like a video game trailer. Film might be good but the only thing they're using to sell it there is 'look, Batman fighting Superman!', which with a mediocre series of Superman films and a new Batman doesn't do it for me, especially when I know that they're both goodies. Goodies don't fight.

And the best part about it is that they didn't just give us a throwaway trailer. They gave us awesome shots of Iron Man vs. Hulk, Ultron ripping the world apart and that amazing shot in the snowy jungle of all the Avengers leaping into action. And that's probably only a tiny sliver of the awesome moments that will be in store. It will probably have a million more, many of them better than the ones shown in the trailer.

The Dawn of Justice trailer gave us a statue and a ugly as fuck batsuit.

Which batsuit? The one he's wearing coming out of the wreckage or the robo one? Cause that regular is the best looking batsuit there has been. He looks like stepped right out a book in that one.