Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just finished the mid season two finale of SHIELD. It was alright. To be honest I think i preferred it when it was more spy stuff than over the top super hero stuff. Also the thing where if the dialogue isn't advancing the plot, then it's an obscure reference to a marvel thing is kinda getting old. A fucking hellcow nod? Really.

dptu885-14.jpg

This is now canon in the MCU.

Anyway, i know I'm complaining about superheroes in a superhero TV show, but it felt like it started off really grounded, super powers was such a rare event, and then they flipped a switch and all of a sudden its gone mental

The MCU hasn't been grounded since Thor, actual god, entered the picture. It's not even the ultimate version where people think he's just kinda crazy and gets powers another way.

Edited by Kirkland

I've just finished the mid season two finale of SHIELD. It was alright. To be honest I think i preferred it when it was more spy stuff than over the top super hero stuff. Also the thing where if the dialogue isn't advancing the plot, then it's an obscure reference to a marvel thing is kinda getting old. A fucking hellcow nod? Really.

dptu885-14.jpg

This is now canon in the MCU.

Anyway, i know I'm complaining about superheroes in a superhero TV show, but it felt like it started off really grounded, super powers was such a rare event, and then they flipped a switch and all of a sudden its gone mental

Well, yeah, they took the direction to go the Inhumans route, and I love that personally. There's still tons of spy stuff, but combining it with the superhero stuff makes it different and gives both fans of the genre something fun. It hasn't really gone mental, the story is still contained and there's so many elements to it. It's the most fun TV show going on right now, it's must-watch for me every week.

And yeah, the movies and the shows make various references to Thor coming down being the game-changer in the universe. It's the whole reason the Avengers were put into motion instead of just being a failed proposal.

I'm super interested to see if Daredevil has impact to the rest of the MCU, it coming out like two weeks before Age of Ultron.

Agent Carter is fantastic.

• Like 2

Oh I know right. I've seen it twice now and i doubt I paid attention to even half of it either time. It's annoying that it's such an important part of The universe.

...sorry, I must have missed the mention of a hell cow. When was that?

When simmons is working for HYDRA one of the things she examines is Bessies milk. I mean it wasn't like a big thing or anything, but any time they talk about something not related to the plot it's always a reference to some obscure marvel character, and it's really cheesy and not as clever as they think it is.

Edit: Season 2, episode 5 apparently.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Bessie_(Earth-199999)

Edit 2: Heh, Cheesy, Milk.

...sorry, I must have missed the mention of a hell cow. When was that?

Simmons was experimenting with Bessie's milk when she was with HYDRA, though it was more of a throwaway line.

Just rewatched the Agent Carter short. So bad ass, probably my favorite one. I really hope there's a second season.

Oh a question I had, but google couldn't answer... does anyone know why this universe is called 199999? I mean, It seems too specific to be random. I know that some of the marvel universe numbers are inside jokes, does 199999 mean anything?

Nah not in canon, it's just the designation of it, like the standard marvel universe is 616 and whatever. Some of the numbers are jokes apparently, like the one with evil dead in it is 818793 after the years the movies came out (81, 87, 93). 199999 is such a weird number, you gotta assume it's significant somehow.

Edit: According to googling...

Official designation revealed in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Volume 5 hardcover.

• Like 1

Yea, a great thing about it was, since its only 8 or so episodes, theres no filler...no episodes that just spin the wheels. They all move everything along at a nice pace and keep the show interesting

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Agent Carter get a few more episodes, SHIELD get a few less and just do straight up split seasons

Edit: Also, tons of pictures from the Deadpool set

http://www.dorkly.com/post/73783/step-right-up-for-piping-hot-flapjacks-and-maybe-tacos

I wouldn't mind if they switch Agent Carter over to Netflix, since the ratings for it decreased as the season went on, too.

Also, there's been talks of them making a podcast of those Captain America adventure episodes you see in Agent Carter. Those would be fucking awesome. I want that so bad.