Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First official look at The Joker

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2015/04/jared_leto_looks_like_a_very_marilyn_manson-ish_jok.php

I am not a fan. Pls no matching Harley.

I think Batinthesun did a better job as far as look with a live action Joker

patientj_002.jpg

Patient+J.jpg

I kinda hope those tattoos on him aren't going to be there. Most of them suck.

Those are tattoos The Joker's henchmen would get, not the actual Joker.

Edited by Kirkland

I don't see why they'd release a photo of him with them if they wouldn't be. Like I said, I think it's hard to really judge it out of context. It's not personally what I was expecting but that doesn't mean it can't still be good.

Joker looks shit. He looks like some kind of shitty backwoods rap/rock act. I guess that's the trade-off for Batfleck looking perfect. IsJoker/Leto going to have any involvement in the Justice League stuff outside of Suicide Squad?

The tats are the most absurd part. They're all meta and weird too. Like I know they were trying to make him 2edgy, but I can't imagine the Joker of all people sitting in a parlor chair and going "Yeah bro can you hook me up with a bunch of Ha's on my left pec? And maybe the word damaged across my forehead because I'm dangerous and stuff." He looks like a Joker henchman more than actual Joker.

• Like 2

I don't see why they'd release a photo of him with them if they wouldn't be. Like I said, I think it's hard to really judge it out of context. It's not personally what I was expecting but that doesn't mean it can't still be good.

Oh, I'm not saying the movie or Leto won't be good in it. If anything, the aspect I'm looking forward to the most is him and Robbie as Joker and Harley. I just think those tattoos are ugly as sin. The only ones I want to stay is maybe the "J"teardrop and the absurd mouth tattoo on his forearm. It is absolutely fucking stupid and doesn't make any sense and I want him to have that so badly. In fact, I hope it's prominently featured.

Besides the tattoos, though, I like the neon green hair and the super bright purple glove, they're nice accents for his pale skin. I hope Ayer doesn't go the route of other DC films so far and make everything darker and grey, having the Suicide Squad have colorful costumes would make them standout in contrast to the blandness of the Justice League costumes released so far.

I still have more hope for this film than anything else DC has announced so far, though.

EDIT: Oh, and I fucking hate the grill thingy. Unless he's posing as some wannabe rapper, that shit is stupid, too.

I feel like this is an interesting new take on the character. Instead of trying to be something that's been done so perfectly in the past, Leto's getting a chance to be something different. It doesn't really offend me, so long as there's exposition as to why he is this way. If it makes sense, I'm good. I think the look is unique for this environment, and yet fits so well with how I'm imagining the DC Cinematic Universe looks and feels to me.