Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

A villan being the one to set things off is not an idea I like. They should stick with a young hero/s doing it accidentally. I think a wannabe hero causing it makes the registration side look better.

• Like 2

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit late to the party, but I like everything about the Fantastic Four trailer except for the look of Dr. Doom. It really bums me out that he probably won't be the grand, egotistical, megalomaniac that he should be. Dr. Doom at his best reads exactly like the description "comic book villain" would make you think. So it's going to suck when he's super serious.

That is pretty ingenious.

The little Easter egg thing at the bottom (spoiler: half of them are 'DID YOU KNOW STAN LEE WAS IN THIS MOVIE) actually had one I didn't know, and it was awesome. Nick Fury's tombstone reading 'the path of the righteous man', the fake quote from Pulp Fiction. Pretty pretty cool.

Friend was talking about Age of Ultron on facebook. Said it was as good as the first Avengers film, adding that both did something better than the other and there were plenty of good one liners in this one.

Personally he ranked Cap 2/Guardians of the Galaxy as the best Marvel Universe movies and the 2 Avengers movies are on a tier just below them.

I'd see it this weekend and find out how good it is myself but I'm already going to the movies for a special screening of something else and I'm not sure if I can go twice(especially seeing as AOU isn't on yet at the nearest cinema and I'd have to travel twice the distance to get to the cinema that it is screening at, perhaps if I wasn't already going to the other cinema for this special screening I'd make the trip to the other for AOU but maybe not now)

I went to watch Age of Ultron at the midnight showing last night and frankly... It was amazing.

**THESE ARE ACTUAL SPOILERS**

The constant forshadowing of Hawkeye dying (introducing his family, saying this is his last mission) was a great swerve for people who would read in to this as being obvious writing.

The sassiness of Ultron was great, Vision is beautiful, the nuances between his tiny exchanges with Scarlet Witch is great for n3rds, mentioning Wakanda, Klaw having his arm removed foreshadowing his future interaction with Black Panther, the "where has Hulk gone" moments, the simple expositions and explaining that Thor now knows about the coming together of the Infinity stones is brilliant.

This is the second Avengers movie we needed, as well as the bit at the end with "The New Avengers" was great.

I still expected Spider-Man.

Was there anything after Thanos grabbing the Infinity Gauntlet in the credits?

I went to watch Age of Ultron at the midnight showing last night and frankly... It was amazing.

**THESE ARE ACTUAL SPOILERS**

The constant forshadowing of Hawkeye dying (introducing his family, saying this is his last mission) was a great swerve for people who would read in to this as being obvious writing.

The sassiness of Ultron was great, Vision is beautiful, the nuances between his tiny exchanges with Scarlet Witch is great for n3rds, mentioning Wakanda, Klaw having his arm removed foreshadowing his future interaction with Black Panther, the "where has Hulk gone" moments, the simple expositions and explaining that Thor now knows about the coming together of the Infinity stones is brilliant.

This is the second Avengers movie we needed, as well as the bit at the end with "The New Avengers" was great.

I still expected Spider-Man.

Was there anything after Thanos grabbing the Infinity Gauntlet in the credits?

Nope, nothing after Thanos. And frankly, how can you top that?

"Fine, I'll do it myself." Gave me fucking chills.

I loved everything and everybody about it.

Give me Ant-Man now, please.

it was The Vision that popped my boner. When he speeds towards the window and just looks. I've always had a lot of time for Paul Bettany.

I actually think, looking back on it, it's better and better... When Fury is like 'can I borrow Hill?' ... 'Do something dramatic, I hope' and then boom! Hellicarrier!

Could we please mark what we're spoiling? Since AoU, AoS and Daredevil are current

Edit: oops, thought I was in the Marvel thread