Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly. It looks like Fox's X-Men take on Fantastic Four. Still worlds away from what a Fantastic Four film should be. And how about, if you aren't going to do Doom correctly, don't do him at all?

• Like 1

I'm not overly enthused by the FF trailer but I'm way more interested in that than BVS at this point.

None of it matters anyway since I'll hopefully have seen Age of Ultron within the week which I'm very excited for and I expect to be awesome.

I want batman and superman to be 2 hours of dark dark grim and then they make out. Just like.. no music. No explanation. Just the awkward sound of two men in love swapping saliva for 5 solid minutes while the justice League is forced to watch.

You'll know it's coming when Bruce Wayne invites Clark Kent into the back of a Volkswagen.

Edited by EWB's Best Poster.
  • Like 2

I was in a minority who seemed to like the first two FF films (barring blander than boiled rice Jessica Alba and the stupid Galactus cloud), so maybe I'm just easy to please, but I'm looking forward to this. My only gripe with the trailers is that if I didn't know character names then it could just be any generic sci-fi film, but trailers are nothing to judge a whole film on, and I'm going to wind up seeing it regardless anyway.

First FF was fine, the second wasn't as good I thought. They seemed to come out in a run of terrible other superhero films (Elektra, Catwoman etc) that made them look better than they were.

• Like 1

Trailer has me more interested than the first one they released. Albeit probably because I have huge faith in Miles Teller after seeing him in Whiplash.

In terms of the first two FF films, only saw the first and thought it was good enough. FF have never been my favourite superheroes though so I don't know if I'll bother with this one yet or not.

a lot of potential Civil War spoilers?

If you've read the Civil War comics then you know that there's no way they could faithfully adapt the source material as Marvel simply doesn't have the rights to all the characters involved and the circumstances in the comic continuity just doesn't match the MCU continuity. That said, they've naturally found an organic way to "create" the Civil War in question and they've rounded up a great batch of "heroes vs. heroes" to compliment the new (and returning) villains. It's also to note that the project is referenced as CIVIL WAR, not CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. What that means is anyone's guess, but it's an interesting note. Here's the rundown:

Characters in CIVIL WAR:

Pretty much every Avengers character that DOESN'T have their own franchise is going to appear in CIVIL WAR. Some we already know about, including Cap (obviously), Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Panther, Black Widow, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. We can also confirm the recently rumored Scarlet Witch, as well as The Vision, War Machine, and even Ant-Man. The non-hero villains are, as already confirmed, Baron Zemo and Crossbones. Now, our source also indicated that this roster has some wiggle room, so there's always the chance that a few may be shuffled out at some point, but right now this IS the plan. As for Spider-Man; Marvel is playing it close to the chest, so there's no info on how he's involved...yet. In terms of who's facing off with who: So far it looks like Cap, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Falcon vs. Iron Man, War Machine, The Vision, and Ant-Man, with the Scarlet Witch and Black Panther somewhere in the mix. Oh, and expect to see Ant-Man take on the Giant-Man form in battle. How cool will that be, eh?

Costumes in CIVIL WAR:

The Falcon will, in fact, be getting a costume upgrade for CIVIL WAR, which will be a modified version of his WINTER SOLDIER suit, but with grey and red colors, as per his comic origins. Captain America will be carrying over a slightly modified version of his AGE OF ULTRON suit, and so far The Winter Soldier will look very much as he did before, long hair and all. The coolest costume news is for Crossbones. Many of us are dying to see ol' Brock Rumlow in his trademark get-up and that will indeed happen. He's described as "messier" and the skull imagery on the suit is described as "graffiti-esque." And yes, he does indeed wear the skull mask that covers his entire face, which is said to be a hybrid mask/helmet. Think Army of Two.

CIVIL WAR story - comics to screen:

In Mark Millar's Civil War story the catalyst that sets off the "Civil War" is when the New Warriors destroy several city blocks in an attempt to apprehend a supervillain, causing the deaths of more than 600 civilians, prompting the Superhero Registration Act, which requires all superpowered beings to register with the government, reveal thier secret identities, and receive "proper" training and operate under the employ of S.H.I.E.L.D. Obviously, this has to be changed for the MCU version, and this is the basic premise; Instead of the New Warriors being the catalyst for the Superhero Registration Act, it will be Crossbones (in costume) who will be the catalyst that kicks off the film, instigating an attack that causes much death and destruction, causing the government to step in and put out the Superhero Registration Act.

The other element that will be a key focus is The Winter Soldier, whose existence is the big question as he has the ability to be a hero, but has also been a villain. This causes the main rift between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, as the disagreement leads them to opposing sides. The main thrust, as in the comics, looks to be "if there is a threat - should The Avengers show up, is it their place to do so, and what gives them the authority to do so?"

BLACK PANTHER in CIVIL WAR:

We all know that Chadwick Boseman will appear in CIVIL WAR, but his role in the war isn't one-sided as he'll have his own agenda in the film. There's been speculation that he'd take the Spider-Man role as it plays out in the comics, but that doesn't look to be the case. Either way, his involvement will still be significant.

Credit: joblo.com