The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

• 2 weeks later...

You said the gist of it, that's the gist. She's got superpowers, and within the beginning of her career the Purple Man (Killgrave, David Tennant in the series) mind controls her and forces her to help him in his schemes for 8 months. She's eventually rescued after trying to murder Daredevil, badly injured and put into a coma in the process. After she comes out of the coma she decides not to be a superhero anymore, so she opens up a detective agency to try and get away from the hero life - but due to her connections as a superhero, she winds up taking on a lot of clients who have their own connections to other heroes, powered people, etc.

EDIT: And as for her own powers, she has superhuman strength, can fly, and has claimed to be bulletproof.

Edited by Cloudy
  • Like 2

You said the gist of it, that's the gist. She's got superpowers, and within the beginning of her career the Purple Man (Killgrave, David Tennant in the series) mind controls her and forces her to help him in his schemes for 8 months. She's eventually rescued after trying to murder Daredevil, badly injured and put into a coma in the process. After she comes out of the coma she decides not to be a superhero anymore, so she opens up a detective agency to try and get away from the hero life - but due to her connections as a superhero, she winds up taking on a lot of clients who have their own connections to other heroes, powered people, etc.

EDIT: And as for her own powers, she has superhuman strength, can fly, and has claimed to be bulletproof.

There's also a huge undercurrent of her having PTSD from the whole ordeal, but I am not certain they will translate that part into the series.

• Like 1

Ahh..see that makes it sound better!

• 2 weeks later...

SHIELD spoilers

LOL at Mack "I'm gonna need a bigger gun.  Or my axe.  Or a shotgun/axe combination"

Also, was that alien a Kree?  Is Gemma on the Kree homeworld?  Could we get a GoTG cameo?  (yea, I doubt that last part).  I liked the small reference to Ant-Man there too

• Like 1

I didn't like the amount of exposition in this episode, although I saw it coming, what with it being a season premiere and all, but the opening conversation between Coulson and Daisy felt so off. Still, it had lots of fun stuff, especially the opening and Fitz' sub-plot.

I also really liked the subway scene. Seems like SHIELD is constantly going up against a rival good guy secret organisation, but the reveal for that was pretty hilarious, if only for Coulson's reaction.

I'm going to guess it's a Kree for now, although we saw a Kree the last season, so I would be confused as to why he didn't shapeshift and why Krees have hairy backs now. It would be so cool if Simmons is on Hala, but I doubt it'll be that simple. 

This season has plenty of stuff to look forward to, though. Want more Inhuman action. Also can't wait to see Bobbi and Hunter versus Ward and Agent 33, I would love if that was the premise for their new show. I wonder what, if any, impact the ATCU will have on Civil War, but I can't wait to find out!

Oh spoilers for anyone that wants to know who the blue hairy guy was:

Apparently he looks like an Inhuman from the comics called Lash, who targets Inhumans who shouldn't have gone through Terrogenesis.

Edited by Benkid Nada