The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Reply to Benkid

Agent 33 is dead, died in the finale last season when Grant accidentally shot her thinking she was May.

Other pilot musings

I do felt that the general conversations felt a bit off, maybe it's just a case of them having to get into the role again after not doing it for a while, because the chemistry is certainly there as shown last season... It also felt a whole less action packed than last season's pilot, which threw a bunch of new names at us and had the whole Lucy Lawless cameo with Hunter's old crew.

Personally Jemma's planet reminds me of Svartalfheim from The Dark World, where Loki 'died' helping out Thor... But that could just be me.

Fitz's plot was fun, and it's nice to see him blossom into a troubled badass in a team that's already filled with badasses. Of course right now he's just there to have his heart, soul, mind crushed in various painful ways to woobie it up to the audience. But man I just like Fitz and his actor, great job from him.

Also a bit underwhelmed by the new (kinda?) bad guys, I already forgot the name of the leader woman and right now I'm mildly interested, perhaps only to see Coulson with his Skywalker hand pimp slapping mooks.

Also, Mack is less dour this season apparently having gotten over his entire mistrusting schtick towards Coulson and his plans, so he's letting out the snarker. Nice to see him have a joke.

Weird not seeing Melinda May pop up, and with her 'vacation' I wonder when she is coming back to the series.

Naturally we'll see more of Lincoln seeing he's main cast and all...

All in all, fun episode, no doubt excited for episode 2 regardless of this episode being a bit average for something to get the ball rolling again.

Regarding Simmons...

I WAS going to say she was on the blue area of the moon (weren't the Inhumans based there for a while in the comics?) but then I saw that the planet she looked at had another satellite moon or whatever. There goes my guess

<_<

Good first episode, I thought. Nothing groundbreaking, but I think it set up the season's themes nicely.

Now I'm thinking about it, I can't even remember any humour in Daredevil to be honest. It never felt like it was too serious, but I just can't recall any humour.

The humour was more part of the first half of the season, Foggy making an arse of himself and trying to get it on with Karen before becoming good friends instead... After the halfway mark it became a lot darker, especially once they killed off the nice Mexican Lady.

Most of the humour came from Foggy really, he's there to be comic relief most of the time. Matt cracked jokes from time to time, but mostly he was just the serious dark-saviour of Hell's Kitchen.

• Like 1

A bit cross-posting, but maybe it will interest a few people who have been wanting to get into (Marvel) comics, but have been overwhelmed by the vast amount of continuity and story there is. Well, if you're looking for a hop-on point, this week is pretty much the best moment you'll ever have.

This week Marvel ''reboots'' all their comic series, which means that a lot of comics start right back at #1, either writing a completely new story, or taking parts of the past and working it into new content. It's not a New52 deal where everything is retconned, so there will still be backstory, but Marvel is determined in making the transition smooth and build a perfect jump on point for new comic readers.

The reason they've done it is because the MCU films and series have been super successful, which means more people than ever are interested in starting or returning to reading Marvel comics. So for the first time since the Ultimate universe was formed in 2001 (which wasn't exactly a reboot but instead a different universe) the entire Marvel continuity will be reset.

For a calendar on what's getting released, the best place is the Marvel site: http://marvel.com/comics/calendar?&offset=0&totalcount=24

Anyways, this was a bit out of context with film/tv, but I feel this will reach the people on this site that are interested in reading comics, but aren't checking the comic book thread...

There was some article, that I read today, which listed x amount of issues the author had with the DCU and one of which was DC having a separate tv and movie universe when everything in all in the one continuity with Marvel.

Strange thing is there was this comment in response from some guy who was absolutely convinced that the MCU and the MTU are separate entities and just share characters. o_O

Well, this is kind of interesting. Powers Boothe has been cast for this season of SHIELD as a mysterious, powerful character that's going to have some impact on Ward's storyline. What's notable about that is that he was probably one of the most prominent members of the World Security Council in The Avengers; you never saw his face but you saw him in shadows and he had a lot of lines. But there's no confirmation or indication that he's playing the same character as of yet.

on an unrelated note, you know who is the opposite of interesting? Lincoln. Can he just get got already?