The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

On 1/17/2016 at 10:53, Lint said:

Nah, think I read somewhere Netflix has to have the Defenders series done before Infinity Wars comes out

That may be why season 2 of Daredevil is coming so quickly, and why they haven't announced a release date or shooting date for Jessica Jones S2 yet. Because they wanted Daredevil out asap, and Jones may be shot after The Defenders. Though, Iron Fist still hasn't rolled film yet, so there's hope that season 2 of Jessica Jones gets put out before then.

That said, if they can keep producing content this good, this quickly, I'm not going to complain if each show ends up having multiple seasons prior to the Defenders... or if Iron Fist debuts in Cage, and then doesn't get his solo season until after The Defenders.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

I imagine Iron Fist will drop around 2017, after Doctor Strange has explored the non-Thor "supernatural" elements of the MCU.

Yea, there was something on io9s morning spoiler article that said they just started casting Iron Fist, so probably mid 2017

Yea, 10 weeks of Carter vs 8 from last year, then AoS comes back

• Like 1

I watched Ep 1 last night, gonna watch Ep 2 here in a bit. I really liked what i saw!

Episode 2:

I really like Sousa's girlfriend! She's super cute and friendly. Gonna suck when she dies/turns out to be a bad guy.

And Wilkes! He was also super enjoyable! And Mrs. Jarvis. All the new characters are rocking it.

• Like 1

So, the official Jessica Jones Twitter account posted a picture of a case folder with the title 'Cage - November'... tentative release month perhaps?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Delroy Lindo has been cast in Marvel's Most Wanted, playing the MCU's version of Dominic Fortune.

Say what you want about the show itself, but I thought he was quite good in Believe.

Slightly spoilery if your not caught up

• Like 2

Holy crap, that was such a good episode of Agent Carter!

Rose was great, the scientist was pretty awesome too. Jarvis disarming TWO atomic bombs? Fantastic. Whitney Frost is a great villain.

And for a second, I thought Peggy might have been a goner. But then I remembered that she shows up in Winter Soldier....

Although, I don't like the whole 'Sousa's still in love with Peggy and his finance finds out' subplot. I could do with 100% less of that.

• Like 1

Personally I love they've actually given the Mrs. Jarvis an actual character rather than the off-screen presence she had during the entire season 1. On top of that she adds a very fun and plucky presence to an already great cast, and she's a great foil to the prim and proper Jarvis.

• Like 1

A big complaint about season 1 was that, while Peggy was this strong and independent woman, she didn't really have any friends who were women.  Yea, there was the room mate, but she wasn't a good actress and it didn't feel natural.  Her interactions with the other women co-stars this season feel much better then the first season did

24 minutes ago, Lint said:

A big complaint about season 1 was that, while Peggy was this strong and independent woman, she didn't really have any friends who were women.  Yea, there was the room mate, but she wasn't a good actress and it didn't feel natural.  Her interactions with the other women co-stars this season feel much better then the first season did

I agree. But Season 1 was also mostly the story about Peggy breaking the gender roles and being just as much (if not more of) an asskicker than the guys. Season 1 was about her cat and mouse game trying to outplay her SSR colleagues whilst digging deep to clear Howard's name, and at the same time stumbling upon a gigantic conspiracy. It was 8 episodes of spy action where it was about Peggy taking center stage as the big star.

Now the playing field is widened a bit to show that Peggy isn't the only strong female character, with the addition of Rose, Whitney Frost, and of course Ana Jarvis that show that Peggy isn't just an anomaly in a world of frails.

With this season being longer, it also helps that there's generally a bunch more time to focus on character development and given the outlying characters (Rose) more of a presence in the story, and being able to work in fun and interesting new support characters (Ana).