The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

5 hours ago, Lint said:

Initially delayed past 2019, InHumans now delayed indefinitely

Personally don't have issues with this, I'd rather see AoS invest into that storyline rather than make a film about it... And with how many years it was going to take in the first place, it would need AoS to stretch out those storylines an excruciatingly long time, else people might forget the details.

It also was the only film announced I wasn't super-excited for, with Marvel you can't say they won't hit a homerun anyways, but I feel the source material isn't nearly as interesting as many other potential films (Cpt. Marvel, anyone?)

Umm..probably never?  Sony was having a lot of financial issues and, allegedly, the Japanese heads of the company basically told the studio to make the deal with Marvel.  Fox isn't have cash problems, and their X-Men movies have all been well received in both box office terms and critical reception.  Your more likely to see a deal with the Fantastic Four then you will with the X-Men

To be honest I think that works creatively anyway, a cinematic universe suddenly teeming with mutants gets messy, and I've always found the 'humanity hates mutants, but for whatever reason love superpowered people who aren't mutants' a bit daft if not handled right. Agents of Shield would potentially benefit, but I'm happy with them separate.

Well Agents of Shield have the Inhumans, which even for a comic fan standpoint is hard to truly distinguish from Mutants.

Aside from the fact Inhumans are descendants from an ancient alien race, and mutants have an X-Gene, there's really not a whole lot of things on the surface that differentiate each other from 'They have various kinds of superpowers'.

Then again, I'm woefully underknowledged on the whole Inhumans stuff beyond the MCU.

But yeah, as much fun as it would be to have big X-Men names pop up in the MCU (we've gotten Wanda/Pietro who are Magneto's kids) there's plenty of other source material for Marvel to throw about. In fact, Marvel has excelled in taking lesser names and turning them into box office hits (Guardians, Ant-Man, Iron Man) and series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, SHIELD, Agent Carter), and upcoming with Black Panther and Dr. Strange.

It'd be nice to have the entire Marvel source being part of the greater MCU, but I think we're being spoiled as fans. And as Lint said, the X-Men films have been good/great standing on its own.

4 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Well Agents of Shield have the Inhumans, which even for a comic fan standpoint is hard to truly distinguish from Mutants.

Aside from the fact Inhumans are descendants from an ancient alien race, and mutants have an X-Gene, there's really not a whole lot of things on the surface that differentiate each other from 'They have various kinds of superpowers'.

Then again, I'm woefully underknowledged on the whole Inhumans stuff beyond the MCU.

But yeah, as much fun as it would be to have big X-Men names pop up in the MCU (we've gotten Wanda/Pietro who are Magneto's kids) there's plenty of other source material for Marvel to throw about. In fact, Marvel has excelled in taking lesser names and turning them into box office hits (Guardians, Ant-Man, Iron Man) and series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, SHIELD, Agent Carter), and upcoming with Black Panther and Dr. Strange.

It'd be nice to have the entire Marvel source being part of the greater MCU, but I think we're being spoiled as fans. And as Lint said, the X-Men films have been good/great standing on its own.

Well, to be fair, they aren't Magnetos kids in the MCU

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Well, to be fair, they aren't Magnetos kids in the MCU

Due to licensing issues, that's truth. But it's not like Feige has come out and went 'They aren't related'. They're keeping their cards close, because they're major characters (at least Wanda is, seeing Pietro got crossed off) and there's always a chance that Marvel Studios get their hands on the remaining IP's in the future.

What makes it even more amusing/confusing is that both the X-Verse and the MCU have had a Pietro Maximoff.

Great to see Punisher get a spin-off, Bernthal was spectacular playing the role and he owned the character and often outshone the rest of the cast with his acting chops, Penny and Dime was the best episode of the season mostly thanks to his amazing monologue.

So yeah, glad to see him getting further developed, interested in how they'll go about the whole psycho killer aspect of his entire character, because after all he's a remorseless killer (of bad people), and that's something we've not yet seen in the MCU.

• Like 1

Also, to return to the previous episode of Agents of Shield...

I really really liked James (Drunk Aussie from before) this episode. His snark was on point and his banter was a joy to behold from start to finish. He's like an evil Lance Hunter in terms of humour (which kinda works, since he's Aussie and everyone knows Aussies are evil, just look at Thor!) which really fills that void Hunter left when they put him and Bobbi on the bus to development hell.

Anyways, I hope he sticks around even after the whole current plot has run its course, because he's easily a standout character in only two appearances...
Also, holy John Hannah cameo, Batman!

Been catching up with Agents of Shield in preparation for seeing Civil War tomorrow, I'll use tags just in case even though it was weeks ago.

S3E12: Inside Man

Spoiler

This was really fun for the most part, got a little more serious in the end which was necessary. Good episode though. Loved the way it was very much a 'spy' episode with all the twists and that. Main thing I took from it is I'd love an old school spy spinoff with Coulson and Talbot. 

S3E13: Parting Shot

Spoiler

Man this was a good episode. I'm assuming that the rumoured spin off with Bobbi and Hunter is actually happening then and this was to set that up? Should be good but it'll be a damn shame to lose them from AoS, even if the cast was starting to get a little big. two of my favourites right there. The final scene in the bar, damn that was really sad but also kinda beautiful :crying: 

On 5/1/2016 at 17:02, Summer Intern Avenged said:

Been catching up with Agents of Shield in preparation for seeing Civil War tomorrow, I'll use tags just in case even though it was weeks ago.

S3E12: Inside Man

Reveal hidden contents

S3E13: Parting Shot

Hide contents

Man this was a good episode. I'm assuming that the rumoured spin off with Bobbi and Hunter is actually happening then and this was to set that up? Should be good but it'll be a damn shame to lose them from AoS, even if the cast was starting to get a little big. two of my favourites right there. The final scene in the bar, damn that was really sad but also kinda beautiful :crying: 

Concerning the Bobbi and Hunter spinoff..

tumblr_nftp2plep81tdwamwo4_r1_400.gif

Agent Carter highly unlikely to return and ABC has cooled considerably on Marvels Most Wanted and its no longer considered a lock to be picked up according the THR

That's great about MMW, a Bobbi and Hunter spin off never appealed to me, they're the best characters but they're the best characters in the show.

Bit sad Agent Carter seems done, but to be honest we got one more season than I actually expected anyway.

• Like 1

Very sad about Agent Carter not being picked up, here's to hoping another (Netflix?) swoops in and gives it a final season to wrap everything up neatly.

If MMW doesn't happen, I really hope Hunter/Bobbi don't just vanish into thin air and never are spoken of again. Like Benji said, they're the best characters but not the ones you'd really want to see carry an entire show on their own. I'd rather see them somehow come back into AOS in some form or fashion, perhaps more as allied freelancers since they're unable to work for SHIELD again.

• Like 1