The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

Jessica Jones' finale was amazing. Holy shit. 

Spoiler

I thought the way they killed off Kilgrave was fantastic. The part where Jessica had to stand there and let her sister be coerced into kissing him, while she watched, was magnificent. In a way, it was a kind of rape, and Jessica had to let Kilgrave have that so he would totally believe she was controllable. Amazing. 

22 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nah, I enjoyed Rosalind and Coulson, but functional adult relationships between two pretty similar people isn't super-compelling TV.

Daisy/Lincoln is the actual worst, though, you'll hear no arguments from me on that one..

Spoiler

See, I think the whole thing with Daisy and Lincoln makes sense. He was there for her when she was going through her change, he was a voice of reason and compassion. they share the fact they are both Inhumans and he was the first one to really connect with her. there's an inbuilt emotional attachment to things like that, he's always liked her and she's always liked him. You are right in that the whole kiss at the end felt kind of forced..

Spoiler

however FitzSimmons was great when they were always 'So close, but so far'. I was legit feeling awful for Fitz when he got her back only to learn she'd fallen in love with someone else. that was fantastic story telling. I'm not so keen on him getting the girl though.

Spoiler

I think Rosalind and Coulson was to show how cold and calculating he could be to get to the bottom, he was always playing an angle. Unfortunaltly he discovered he was alot like this person and they grew attached to one another. her death had to happen, coulson had to lose her and it had to be ward. From a story structure, it was either going to be Ward or Fitz that brought 'it' back. and having Coulson be the one to kill ward was the perfect choice. he always looked at ward as a sort of son, right up until he crushed his chest.

• Like 2

So, in regards to Spider-Man in Civil War, supposedly..

Spoiler

The Russos have hinted that his costume takes a lot of "special effects", which is leading people to believe it may be the Iron Spider costume designed by Tony Stark for Peter in the comics.

Agents of SHIELD mid-season finale spoiler

Spoiler

Would it be fair to say that the evil creature on the planet and now in Ward is a Goa'uld from Stargate? I mean, seemed to be a snake...

13 hours ago, TMM said:

Agents of SHIELD mid-season finale spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Would it be fair to say that the evil creature on the planet and now in Ward is a Goa'uld from Stargate? I mean, seemed to be a snake...

Spoiler

If it means we're gonna get a RDA cameo, i'm all for it!

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Benji said:

AoS is getting yet another spin-off. They're going to dilute the fuck out of this genre if it kills them.

Wasn't that confirmed about a year ago?

I'm unsure about Blood/Palicki leading a show, they're good characters in their roles on AoS, but they'll now have to carry a 45 minute weekly show rather than get condensed spots of being awesome on AoS.

I mean I love the character of Lance Hunter, he's a great douchebaggy loveable asshole when he's onscreen in AoS, but I feel what makes his character fun doesn't work as a lead role. I also hope they're going with a short 10-12 episode season rather than the insane AoS 24-episode schedule, because I simply can't see a long-season panning out well for them.

At the end of the day, it'll miss what makes AoS such a great show to watch, and that's Clark Gregg. He's truly the anchor that everything revolves around in that show, and he carries that in the best way possible as Coulson. Most Wanted will have none of that, apart from maybe a few cameos here and there, which hurts the show before it even debuts.

Regardless of my reservations towards the show, I will watch it when it comes out because I'm just a total Marvel fanboy.

5 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Agent Carter

See, I don't think you can really count Agent Carter as a spinoff. Sure, the show had a small backdoor pilot/cameo through Agents of Shield, but nothing in the show self is even remotely connected to what's happening in Agents of Shield. I personally feel it stands on it's own like the Netflix shows, rather than counting as a spinoff.

Agent Carter is as much a spinoff of Agents of Shield as it is a spinoff of Captain America: The First Avenger

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 3

Yeah, to me Carter is a Cap spin-off that simply had a reference or two in AoS.

• Like 1

I finally finished Jessica Jones. I thought it took a little while to get going, hit absolutely incredible levels in the middle, and ended quite well. It's been said a bunch of times, but they did such an incredible job with Kilgrave. All of the best stuff in the show revolved around Jessica and Kilgrave, and that's why episodes 7-10 were probably my favourite in the run. I would say that both Jessica Jones and Daredevil have struggled to juggle an ensemble properly, I struggled to care too much about everything outside of the main story, especially with boring romance subplots with supporting characters. A strong, if flawed, first season. 

One of this big positives I took from Jessica Jones was that I now really want to see the Luke Cage series.

Someone I know watched Jessica Jones (binged it), and he didn't really understand the purpose of the finale.

Spoilered for anyone who still wants to see it

He didn't like it that Jessica simply snapped Kilgrave's neck and dropped him dead without so much of a shred of remorse. And feels that she could've done it much earlier (e.g. when they interrogated him).

He kinda misses the point of Jessica trying to get a confession out of Kilgrave and getting justice for Hope and in part recognition for everyone that had been manipulated/abused by Kilgrave. Also he feels that 'everything is OK' at the end, which is completely opposite of the truth, since Jessica (and friends) is more messed up than ever, with but a bitter-sweet taste of revenge.

Nah, think I read somewhere Netflix has to have the Defenders series done before Infinity Wars comes out

• Like 1