The Marvel Cinematic Universe TV Thread

Your Mom

2 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Holy cow, is James Hellfire? I mean, I know he's not actually Hellfire, but are they substituting him for Hellfire?

According to the Season 3 wiki, yes James is Hellfire. Seeing he has a burning whip on top of that, it's a bit obvious.

I really like his character in AOS, and I hope he's not getting written off any day soon, mostly because I want to see some Hunter/James back and forth banter during Season four, because that's probably awesome.

Spoiler

He choose a name at the end of one episode,but I don't remember which.

Also since He killed Lash,he will  probably be kill by May.

Regarding James (includes Last episodes spoilers).

Also I like the Spiderman Cover homage they are doing in the commercials.

Edited by angeluzcr

Well then!

I think Lincoln dying was the safe choice...a character that was important, but not TOO important. But next season! Oh my, it looks like things are interesting. Daisy/Quake on the run, someone else is the director, and AIDA...whatever that is (about to read it on the wikia)

Finale spoilers, and musings for the future...

So like Ruki said, Lincoln was the safe choice. He never really fit into the whole SHIELD cast, and always tended to be the odd one out when it came to getting character development. He had some strong moments in the final part of the season, which helped make his death mean something at least. And full props to all of the people on the show able to deliver a huge emotional load when it mattered to make Linc's death feel bigger than it was... Also, the final scenes of Hive and Lincoln actually were one of the best for both of them, in a weird way.

Rogue Daisy is an interesting twist, and in a way it's to be expected when she's rocking the guilt for everything that happened. A maudlin, sure. But Bennet makes it work.

Also a new director of SHIELD, giving a half-guess i'd say it's gonna be Maria Hill, since she's always been Miss. SHIELD ever since the Avengers, and it'll help make SHIELD feel bigger again, with Coulson undoubtedly being a field guy through and through. And Phil never been a politician, and Hill's character (in the comics especially) has been written as someone who can wade through the bullshit and play the game... Of course, it can just so easily be other characters, or even Melinda May.

Also, for anyone wondering about the stinger at the end, LMD stands for 'Life Model Decoy', which are basically just that. In the comics they can essentially load the consciousness of a living being into a LMD to 'clone' them. Either as a way to literally give someone a second life, or give them a chance to go into high-risk situations without putting their actual squishy meatsuits at risk. So that adds a whole new element to the mix.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to season four. They've once again managed to flip the script and give us a lot of interesting tidbits to hold us on until the next season, and they're just not afraid to change the entire makeup of the series, whilst still staying true to the formula because their casting is spot on.

And James/Hellfire survived, and John Hannah too!

• Like 1

Along the same lines as above, Finale spoilers/future theories/general rambling ahoy!

Spoiler

As the lads above have said, Lincoln was the obviously choice in hindsight with May being a darkhorse. But the way they screwed with us with the cross hot potato, YoYo getting Quicksilvered and then later on with the jackets (I got swerved hard on the jackets) was really well done. The last few scenes with Lincoln/Daisy and then Lincoln/Hive were some of the best scenes we've had from those characters and I surprised myself how much I found myself caring about then going.

Daisy going rouge/vigilante apparently out of some kind of twisted guilt looks as though it's going to be our arc for at least the first half of season 4, Which sits well with me because I actually enjoyed her more while she was under Hive's control than when she was with Shield. Not sure if she's calling herself Quake or that's just what the media is calling her.

I did not consider Maria Hill as Director until Jason brought her up but man I kinda hope that happens now. Not sure if Cobie Smulders has any regular projects going on ATM but it's been awhile since HIMYM ended and I'd like to have her back on TV on a regular basis. Top 3 non Hill candidates are: Talbot. May and LMD Coluson.

Speaking on LMD's I'm extremely intrigued to see what kind of role the Mad Doctor plays moving forward. I'm admittedly not a comics guy so I'm not sure on the background behind ADIA or whatever he called her but I'm not sure if I want copies of characters running around, Seems like it could get confusing.

Would like to see James/Hellfire stick around for a bit next season, Nothing like a smartass, perpetually drunk Aussie to liven things up. He's as close to Hunter as we're going to get without getting Hunter back.

Fitzsimmons survived! :wub:  Shotgun-Axe! :D Princess Phil Organa :lol: Season 4 like 6 months away <_<

Time to catch up on the Netflix shows.

So some bad news regarding Agents of Shield Season 4 and beyond...

ABC (in their perpetual wisdom, or lack thereof) have decided to move Agents of Shield to the Tuesday/10PM timeslot starting with Season 4. That slot is widely regarded as ABC's deathslot, and has killed numerous shows over the past few years. And with Shield's live numbers dipping below 3 million at the tail-end of Season 3, this might be the writing on the wall for the series as a whole.

With Season 3, Season 4 had always been as good as a given, due to 88 episodes being a strong number in regards to making profits through syndication rights. At the same time there has been some discontent in the AoS production/writing crew in regards to the 'connectivity' of the MCU, and a feeling that it's a one-way street and they are effectively being collared by having to dance around the cinema films (as most evident in season 1), with none of their efforts even being mentioned in the blockbuster, nothing major nor a passing reference.

With the added cancellation of Agent Carter, and them dropping Most Wanted from production too, it's kinda clear that the current executive order at ABC isn't convinced Marvel based content will put enough butts into seats to warrant giving them important timeslots. And even though Disney/Marvel is a stakeholder in the company, it might not be enough to keep them in line and playing along.

Of course, this can all mean that they want to make AOS more 'risque' in Season 4 and become darker and grittier to compete with other shows, and in an attempt to have a somewhat successful show on the 10PM slot. But I personally see that more as PR-talk than anything else.

Needless to say, i'm preparing for S4 to potentially be the last... And i'm sure the Whedon's have plenty of experience with getting shafted by the network, and are probably preparing for Season 4 to be the final with finalities and whatnot. 

Regardless of the news, I'm still pissed I need to wait 6 months for the new season >_>

5 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

So some bad news regarding Agents of Shield Season 4 and beyond...

ABC (in their perpetual wisdom, or lack thereof) have decided to move Agents of Shield to the Tuesday/10PM timeslot starting with Season 4. That slot is widely regarded as ABC's deathslot, and has killed numerous shows over the past few years. And with Shield's live numbers dipping below 3 million at the tail-end of Season 3, this might be the writing on the wall for the series as a whole.

With Season 3, Season 4 had always been as good as a given, due to 88 episodes being a strong number in regards to making profits through syndication rights. At the same time there has been some discontent in the AoS production/writing crew in regards to the 'connectivity' of the MCU, and a feeling that it's a one-way street and they are effectively being collared by having to dance around the cinema films (as most evident in season 1), with none of their efforts even being mentioned in the blockbuster, nothing major nor a passing reference.

With the added cancellation of Agent Carter, and them dropping Most Wanted from production too, it's kinda clear that the current executive order at ABC isn't convinced Marvel based content will put enough butts into seats to warrant giving them important timeslots. And even though Disney/Marvel is a stakeholder in the company, it might not be enough to keep them in line and playing along.

Of course, this can all mean that they want to make AOS more 'risque' in Season 4 and become darker and grittier to compete with other shows, and in an attempt to have a somewhat successful show on the 10PM slot. But I personally see that more as PR-talk than anything else.

Needless to say, i'm preparing for S4 to potentially be the last... And i'm sure the Whedon's have plenty of experience with getting shafted by the network, and are probably preparing for Season 4 to be the final with finalities and whatnot. 

Regardless of the news, I'm still pissed I need to wait 6 months for the new season >_>

This is the complete opposite of what ABC's president said

If you believe Dungey, you shouldn’t read too much into her decision to cancel

Agent Carter, pass on Marvel’s Most Wanted and push Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD to 10 p.m. (The latter move, she said, had more to do with making room for a new two-hour block of comedy on Tuesday to accommodate a strong development season for half-hours.) Dungey said she was engaged in extensive conversations with the folks at Marvel, and that together they have a handful of projects in development. She remained coy on specifics, noting only that the corporate cousins would look at series that would be beneficial to both brands.

To be honest, making it to season four is a good thing, it gives them a good chance to make it to season five for that 100 episode syndication hit (is it still 100?) and then finish. I think five seasons is pretty much a perfect run for any show, since most of them seem to run out of fresh ideas at around that season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Benji said:

To be honest, making it to season four is a good thing, it gives them a good chance to make it to season five for that 100 episode syndication hit (is it still 100?) and then finish. I think five seasons is pretty much a perfect run for any show, since most of them seem to run out of fresh ideas at around that season.

88 is the new 100 most of the time, but then again a show like Person of Interest has gotten a half-season to wrap things up (and hit 103). But in any way, I hope the crew gets to know when the end is so they can actually wrap all of it up nicely, rather than just leave things hanging.

• Like 1

So I just finished watching Jessica Jones.  If I'm completely honest, I found it really hard going for the most part.  I found Luke Cage to be pretty underwhelming throughout and I'm not psyched for his solo series at all, but I'll still watch it anyway.  I watched Daredevil Series 1 & 2 before this, so perhaps that's why I didn't find this quite as good.  On the plus side, Kilgrave is one hell of a villain, I'll never look be able to look at David Tennant again without thinking about some of the vile things he did as Kilgrave.

On 18 May 2016 at 08:57, Benji said:

Damnit, we're a few weeks behind and I read that spoiler >_> My fault, not yours.

Reveal hidden contents

Lincoln's always been the awkward puzzle piece to me, so it's not really going to bother me him dying.

Motherlover, I did the exact same thing. Gutted.

• 1 month later...

So, a bit of a links round up, because for the ones with videos, I can't seem to find youtube links that actually work:

First Iron Fist teaser released

First Defenders teaser released

First Luke Cage trailer released

Daredevil season 3 officially announced

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

late reaction, but Ghost Rider in AOS is a really really odd pairing that can either be really awesome, or make no fucking sense whatsoever.

Especially seeing they had a drunken Aussie last season that was already throwing around a fired up whip, and it's hard topping Hellfire.