The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I'd complain if it were really missing from the One but then again, like fuck am I buying another fightstick so PC version ahoy. Or, more likely, Super Extreme Championship Remix Edition Beta Version 2000 for like £3 on Steam in 2017. :shifty:

Aside from the graphic upgrade, is there anything different about the TR Definitive Edition? I had Tomb Raider for my pc, but couldn't play it at its highest graphic level, so I'm tempted for that. But at the same time, I can't justify spendind $20 for a game I already own and have beaten if its just the exact same thing

I think I saw that lbp was like 30 on the US store atm. if hdigital is viable. that and last of us for ps4 was like 12 quid or something silly.

There's also the game collection selling it at 40 but they have a promo code right now that'll take it to like 36, SPREADTHEWORD.

HOURS LATER EDIT: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LITTLEBIGPLANET-3-PS4-GAME-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-OFFICIAL-PAL-WOW6-/361090365622?clk_rvr_id=746289255044 £30!

In other news, saw the story about the temporary shop setup in London selling those special 20th anniversary PS4s for only £19.94. Bet those fuckers are going on eBay for multiple 1000% profits.

I know it's a new release, but is LBP going cheaper than £50 anywhere? Considering buying it for my gf for xmas.

Don't. It's not a great game, at all. It was quite obviously not given the polish it needs. There's a buttload of glitches that they should have ironed out—e.g. old LBP DLC sometimes doesn't sync, sometimes your costume stuff won't unlock for the second player for some reason; or it just won't save for the first player. It isn't check-pointed well, the story itself is MAYBE like five hours long, you have no real incentive to go back and collect stuff with new characters/abilities because playing the levels the themselves is boring. And a lot of the character's abilities just feel gated off to certain parts of the story and, again, there doesn't really feel like a reason to go back and use new characters. We're on the last boss and once we've beat it, we have no incentive to go back unless stuff REALLY opens up. As it stands, we're just gonna trade it in. And we're both people who try to collect everything. We tried to 100% both LBPs before this, along with stuff like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

It was reaaaaalllllyyy disappointing, especially for the ladyfriend. If it's, like, the equivalent of $30 USD? Sure. Go for it. But know going in that it really it's REALLY unpolished and the level design is nowhere near as good as the first two games. And there's no incentive to go back. So basically, after you beat it, you've gotta hope that the user-created stuff is awesome. So far it hasn't been, really—or if it has, I can't tell because the filtering system is kinda wonky.