Football Manager 2015

Dan

I think the Director of Football is pretty good. I have mine set to just put out bids for players he thinks will improve the first team, and then if and when he does I look over them and see if I want them, if I do I offer the contract, otherwise walk away from discussions. He seems to be able to negotiate fees that I wouldn't be able to, signed Andres Llamas for me for what was a pretty good fee of about £7m, and I reckon if I'd bid for him they'd have been like "NO MATE WE WANT £54M OR NO DEAL"

2-0 up away at Sunderland at HT, players respond very well to my half time team talk, then proceed to concede two goals in the last 15 minutes, with one being scored by 52 year old Jermain Defoe. Completely unacceptable. Game is fucking broken. ¬_¬

Ok, this is something that has bugged me for a while on FM and I've never really bothered looking into changing it...

I have multiple leagues running, and only certain subscriptions in my news feed - but is there a way to filter what appears on screen when the game is advancing days? Like, I don't care about random international friendlies, or that a Bilbao player picked up a knock etc. etc.

2-0 up away at Sunderland at HT, players respond very well to my half time team talk, then proceed to concede two goals in the last 15 minutes, with one being scored by 52 year old Jermain Defoe. Completely unacceptable. Game is fucking broken. ¬_¬

52 years old? That's some Stanley Matthews-level endurance there.

• Like 1

Finished my second season with Liverpool, tweaked the tactics and managed to win the Premier League by 9 points as well as the FA Cup against Everton. I lost Balotelli for 5 months with a broken foot but Saido Berahino became a start and grabbed 35 goals in the season. I also brought Gerrard back after 6 months for 500k and he's now a Player/Coach.

Who'd you buy in the two seasons so far? I just started another Liverpool game last night and have just got into September. The Champions League group for first season tends to be bad, but this time I have Barcelona, Monaco and Gelsenkirchen, which looks like i'll probably be struggling to finish 2nd in.

I haven't sold anyone yet, but plan to get rid of Lucas next season and bring in someone like Verratti or Pogba to replace them. I brought in Sergio Romero to compete with Mignolet for 2m, then raided Anderlecht for Youri Tielemans, 15m, and Aleksandar Mitrovic, 16m. Was looking to loan them both back to their previous club but they didn't want to be loaned back so I guess they'll be good backup.

I went back to FM14, done a West Ham with Swansea where you start the season spectacularly and then turn to shit after the New Year. Fighting a losing battle to stay in the top ten now.

I am pretty sure Manchester United have someone else playing in Robin Van Persie's name. The man scored five in twenty fight appearances last season and now has thirty two in thirty appearances for this season and it's only early April. Meanwhile Chelsea have eighty eight goals in thirty two games with results like 6-1 against Middlesbrough, 7-1 against Norwich, 6-0 against Liverpool and 8-1 versus Watford.

• Like 1