MLB: The Show 15

Meacon Keaton

I was playing against the Cubs and I hit a very tiny dribbler that didn't even make it to the pitcher's mound. No one reacted at all and I got to first, still no reaction, so I head towards second and the ball boy comes out, picks up the ball and heads back to his seat while to stretch it into the easiest triple I've ever had. I was trying to make it an inside the park home run, but the game wouldn't let me go any further.

Beat my roommate in the 15th inning with an inside the park home run when this glitch happened. He was not happy.

• Like 1

I only just realised that I'd defaulted to using the contact swing rather than the normal swing.

Next RTTS game, home-run (H)

Should start to knock them out of the park a bit more often now - I'd ended up putting quite a few high balls into the gloves of the guys out at the far end of the field.

What's the difference between power swing and normal swing as it pertains to hitting home runs? I can hit them with Normal swing but never managed with a power swing.

I really only use Power Swings when I'm in good counts. 3-0 (though I almost always take this pitch), 3-1. Sometimes on 2-0 or 2-1. Your less like to hit the ball, but if you do, you're swinging with more power. It has to be a pretty good pitch (something over the middle of the plate).

It's almost harder to hold back on, so if the ball gets thrown out of the strike zone and you flinch, you could potentially cross the plate.

With that being said, I've occasionally hit a home run with a contact swing on 0-2.

Contact swing is the most accurate, but has the least amount of power behind it.

Power swing is the most powerful, but has the least amount of accuracy, meaning your contact window is much smaller and allows for less in the way of mistakes.

Normal swing is the middle ground.

I only use Power swing when I have a runner in scoring position and there isn't a possibility of ending the inning.

I use Contact swing whenever I have two strikes against me, unless I have a runner in scoring position, then I go with Normal... unless my batter is having an off night, at which point I might just try for contact and hope for the best.

It's possible to hit home runs with any of the swing types, but it's less likely if you use Contact. Power swing is the easiest to hit a home run with, if your contact window is exactly on the ball's location and your timing is good. Otherwise it ends up in ground balls or easy fly outs more often than not.

• Like 1

I always select pitch fastball up in the zone. If it locks in and the ball heads into the strike zone then I swing. If it goes high or doesn't lock in I leave it the hell alone until I'm on two strikes.

My walk rate has increased dramatically because of this strategy. Including six walks again CJ Wilson (which essentially means nothing because his control ratings are in th dumps this year).

I'm still perfecting my eye and trying not to swing at the first pitch thrown, even though a lot of times they're strikes. I have a horrible time of chasing pitches outside.

This is one of the reasons I play with quick counts on, because I will swing like Joaquin Phoenix in Signs. At least with quick counts on, I can start off in a hitters count.

As for home runs, I use analog swinging and have completely given up on rearing back for power swings this year. Doing that hasn't produced any results, while last night I hit three home runs off Jordan Zimmerman with just the regular push forward swings.

I'm still perfecting my eye and trying not to swing at the first pitch thrown, even though a lot of times they're strikes. I have a horrible time of chasing pitches outside.

This is one of the reasons I play with quick counts on, because I will swing like Joaquin Phoenix in Signs. At least with quick counts on, I can start off in a hitters count.

As for home runs, I use analog swinging and have completely given up on rearing back for power swings this year. Doing that hasn't produced any results, while last night I hit three home runs off Jordan Zimmerman with just the regular push forward swings.

I'm still doing pretty good even with the way I've been playing. Shut down the Yankees 3 games straight with Bautista and Encarnacion hitting 2 home runs a piece through that series. I just find I could be doing better as I'm averaging right around 10 hits a game but it's very inconsistent as I'm leaving a lot of runners stranded. Had bases loaded with 1 out last night and ended up getting struck out twice to strand them.