The FBI have determined that the "noose" was actually a rope door handle for the garage. Too slow.

Naturally everyone has just ignored this misunderstanding and moved on, hahahaofcoursenot, Twitter is full of people calling out Bubba as perpretrating a false hate crime, comparing him to Jussie Smollett, and generally setting the world back another 80 years.

6 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The FBI have determined that the "noose" was actually a rope door handle for the garage. Too slow.

Naturally everyone has just ignored this misunderstanding and moved on, hahahaofcoursenot, Twitter is full of people calling out Bubba as perpretrating a false hate crime, comparing him to Jussie Smollett, and generally setting the world back another 80 years.

To be fair, people were doing that before it was labelled a misunderstanding. Twitter and social media as a whole is a cesspool and I wish it would just go away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Probably the same twatwaffles who support the Confederate flag and are throwing a fit over that. People are being just as much assholes about it on Facebook as on Twitter. I dread to think what they're sating on Yahoo, since most of the comments on there in general are usually 95% troll/asshole.

NASCAR has video footage and a member of Paul Menard's team who had that garage last year both confirming it was there last year. Plus the areas are assigned a certain way. So even if you could make a reasonable account that Bubba did it and put it there last year, how in the hell would he know he'd have that stall for this race?

President Steve Phelps said with NASCAR’s investigation, that not one other garage stall had the rope tied like that.

That Alabama FBI is as crooked as the rest of the racists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/nascar-president-steve-phelps-statement-noose-garage-pull-bubba-wallace-talladega/amp%3ffbclid=IwAR2kKKzhl8EVpwVgUPLqAdVPwa_aqBhqA1cFuzg5l6MtAzB0-eI7lTgTxKw

Sorry that’s a crappy link, I’m on mobile. But it says there were 1700 other ropes they saw, only 11 of which were knotted at all and Bubba’s was the only one tied like that. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

President Steve Phelps said with NASCAR’s investigation, that not one other garage stall had the rope tied like that.

That Alabama FBI is as crooked as the rest of the racists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/nascar-president-steve-phelps-statement-noose-garage-pull-bubba-wallace-talladega/amp%3ffbclid=IwAR2kKKzhl8EVpwVgUPLqAdVPwa_aqBhqA1cFuzg5l6MtAzB0-eI7lTgTxKw

Sorry that’s a crappy link, I’m on mobile. But it says there were 1700 other ropes they saw, only 11 of which were knotted at all and Bubba’s was the only one tied like that. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

But didn't a couple other drivers come forward to say they had that same stall previously and the rope is the same as when they were in those stalls? I thought for sure I read that somewhere.

Just now, Forked Out said:

But didn't a couple other drivers come forward to say they had that same stall previously and the rope is the same as when they were in those stalls? I thought for sure I read that somewhere.

Even if the drivers really remembered how a particular rope was tied, what are the odds that out of all the stalls, the only black driver who literally just got the Confederate flag banned got assigned that one? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Even if the drivers really remembered how a particular rope was tied, what are the odds that out of all the stalls, the only black driver who literally just got the Confederate flag banned got assigned that one? 

No, you're right. I don't have an answer for it. It makes absolutely no sense. I just assumed most were tied in some sort of knot, but according to the Nascar report, it's not true. So I guess the question comes to why Nascar is accepting that as the final answer if they have evidence to refute that.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Trucks at noon. The 325 at 3:30. Then Xfinity at noon on Sunday. The 350 at 3:30. Hot dang. 

Baby Byron gonna sweep that 325 and 350, @Forked Out!

I don't watch trucks or Xfinity though I probably should watch Xfinity so that I know who's coming up. As far as Baby Byron sweeping anything, maybe the garage after Martin wins both races 😛 

20 hours ago, Forked Out said:

I don't watch trucks or Xfinity though I probably should watch Xfinity so that I know who's coming up. As far as Baby Byron sweeping anything, maybe the garage after Martin wins both races 😛 

I've never been a big fan of the Truck series, but have watched Xfinity since the mid-late 80's, when it was called Busch Grand National. I don't watch every race, but its a good place to see drivers that may be the future of the sport. Went to an Xfinity race at Bristol a few years back.