EWB Game of the Year 2015

Plubby

Hi all,

Wowee the end of the year approaches so fast! It's time to vote for the 2015 Game of the Year! Rules are as follows:

1: We are nominating a maximum of ten entries per member. The title in position 1 receives 10 points, less 1 point for each game down until 1 point for position 10. You may vote for fewer than 10 games. You may not distribute your points for positions not filled among games you did vote for.

2: I am using the following point weighting system: The total number of points received by a title, multiplied by the number of times it was voted for. Ties will be broken by number of 1st place votes first and by total nominations second. This is a slight divergence from previous years, as last year games had their scores negatively impacted by a number of low nominations, so i'm trialing this method. Happy to discuss this in private message if required.

Quick example:

Spoiler

Title A receives two first place votes and a seventh place vote. It receives 72 points under my system (24 total points multiplied by 3 total nominations)

3: All games released since the creation of the last voting thread (8 December 2014) are eligible. I'll be using the earliest release date listed in Wikipedia for this purpose. Expansion packs/DLC will ONLY make a game eligible if it changes the core game that was released. In this case it will be considered a standalone title, so to speak. Happy to discuss this via PM too if you think it needs to be changed.

4: Animated discussion and debate in this thread is allowed and encouraged. Please try and keep any debate in at the least a seperate paragaph to your list so I can notice them, and if you're the type who likes to explain their choices, by all means do so - but try and use some formatting wherever you can so I can again distinguish choices much more easily. Bolded Titles/Rankings are preferred. 

5: Nominations will close in a couple of weeks, likely on the 25th of December, Perth time depending on my schedule. Votes may be edited up until that date, no need to post to let me know. I'll not be recording votes until then so feel free to edit away until I announce close of nominations. The list itself will be posted between Xmas and New Years'

6: I would prefer you to indicate with your first choice how you are formatting your list. In the absence of clear instructions, I will consider your FIRST LISTED title as the HIGHEST RANKING title. Examples in the spoiler box below for minimum clear formatting

Spoiler

10 pts
etc...

OR

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
etc...

Other than that, go nuts!

I only got my PS4 in the 3rd quarter, and this year seems to have been absurd for ports and remakes over original content (assuming we're not allowing that @Plubby?), so I've only got a few games released this year in my list.

1. Fallout 4
2. Rocket League
3. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
4. Until Dawn
5. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
6. Final Fantasy Type-0
7. FIFA 16

I can probably guess where games that I haven't played yet will land, but that doesn't seem in the spirit of things.

1. Fallout 4 (Ten Points)

2. Batman: Arkham Knight (Nine Points)

3. NBA 2K16 (Eight Points)

4. Witcher III (Seven Points)

5. Dying Light (Six Points) 

6. WWE 2K16 (Five Points)

7. Just Cause 3 (Four Points)

8. Mortal Kombat X (Three Points)

9. NHL 16 (Two Points)

1. Fallout 4

2. MGS5

3. Rocket League

4. Rainbow Six Siege

5. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2

6. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1

7. Eastside Hockey Manager 

8. Until Dawn

9. Undertale

10. Massive Chalice 

2016 will be massive, I think with: two Fire Emblem games, Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, The Division, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Deus Ex, No Man's Sky, Mass Effect, Dishonored 2, Hitman, and a whole lot more. 

1.) Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (New modes, new bosses, new weapons, new characters so I assume it counts)

Dunno if I'll add anything else. Of all the games I played this year Isaac was far and away the best to the point where if I was given 10 points to give out, Isaac would get 9 and the second place 1.