UEFA Champions League 2016/17

DFF

But top 4 is no guarantee this season so the Europa is a good route in. Saying that, Poch seems to have pissed fans off by fielding weakened teams in the CL despite taking years to get back in, so his Europa squads wouldn't be anywhere near full strength either.

11 minutes ago, Baddar said:

But top 4 is no guarantee this season so the Europa is a good route in. Saying that, Poch seems to have pissed fans off by fielding weakened teams in the CL despite taking years to get back in, so his Europa squads wouldn't be anywhere near full strength either.

The way we play, or at least the way we want to play, dictates we have to rotate. It's easy to complain when you don't see players on the training pitch or whatever. Poch might have got a few bits wrong recently, but a lot of the players simply haven't performed, especially in the CL. 

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Finishing third in your group in the first season in the CL is still a decent result. It's the same as City and they had CL and World Cup winners in their squad.

Do you mean first season in the CL for Pochettino and a few of the players? Cause Tottenham were in the Champions League under 'Arry a few years ago. 

2 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Do you mean first season in the CL for Pochettino and a few of the players? Cause Tottenham were in the Champions League under 'Arry a few years ago. 

Maicon is still having nightmares about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Never bet on the early kick-off. FFS Bayern.

Interestingly, they'll finish 2nd in their group if Atletico get a point tonight. What a shitty draw that'll be for a team finishing top, although I doubt the likes of Leicester would mind the challenge.

I've got Arsenal-PSG on. Cavani gave PSG the lead a little while ago.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Interestingly, they'll finish 2nd in their group if Atletico get a point tonight. What a shitty draw that'll be for a team finishing top, although I doubt the likes of Leicester would mind the challenge.

I've got Arsenal-PSG on. Cavani gave PSG the lead a little while ago.

Same here. Not been great so far, Arsenal doing their usual trick of not finding a final ball. If you are playing Giroud you might as well just let the fullbacks and wingers pump in some crosses and see if the big man can get on the end of it.

3 minutes ago, MechaKanezilla said:

Yeah there was no contact whatsoever. But Giroud anyway :w00t:

I think what irritates me most is then hearing a commentator bang on about the contact when it's beyond clear that there was none. 

• Like 1

Certain penalty according to Wright and Owen, must be watching a different situation. I get bias towards English clubs but that was just ridiculous. 

Such an insult to a viewers intelligence listening to some of these pundits!

Arsenal looking as good as they did against us on Saturday...

Edited by Sam

Owen on Cavani lightly slapping Ramsey: "you shouldn't have a situation where you're encouraging players to go down easily"

You just bent over backwards trying to justify Sanchez dive!

4 minutes ago, MechaKanezilla said:

Owen on Cavani lightly slapping Ramsey: "you shouldn't have a situation where you're encouraging players to go down easily"

You just bent over backwards trying to justify Sanchez dive!

To be fair one of the angles of the replay made it look like one of the wildly unrealistic punches you see in b-movies.

• Like 1