Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

The shot of Peter's passport in the trailer has no year on it, so that may be them trying to hide whether it happens before or after Endgame.

4 hours ago, livid said:

Good stuff! Are they gonna have someone in the MCU show up in every one of them to remind you that they're connected though?

Probably! Isn't that sort of the whole point? At this point seeing Marvel movies that are totally isolated from the rest of the universe would feel like a let-down to me.

This is stolen from r/MarvelStudioSpoilers, which got it from 4chan. It seems fairly realistic, nothing outlandish. And a few of them are proven to be true in the trailer (keep in mind, this was posted almost a week ago).

Endgame/Far From Home spoilers ahead - well, maybe. We'll see.

Spoiler
  • Tony Stark is dead.
  • There are four elemental monsters: sand, water, stone & lava.
  • Mysterio is the main villain.
  • Chameleon is the secondary villain.
  • Peter spends most of the movie in the SHIELD stealth suit, then switches to the black/red suit Tony made for him before dying.
  • Final fight is Spider-Man vs Mysterio.
  • Leading up to the final fight, Mysterio beats Spider-Man and compromises SHIELD.
  • Relationship between Peter & Fury is a big focus of the movie. Fury tries to be serious, but Peter constantly cracks jokes.
  • Mysterio uses Chitauri tech. Peter has to ask Vulture to help find him.
  • No helicarrier.
  • Peter is depressed and doesn't want to be Spider-Man anymore at first.
  • He realizes being an Avenger is about always "rebuilding" himself, like Tony always did.
  • Movie ends with Peter and Michelle back in NYC, in a relationship.
  • Beforehand, there's a love triangle between Peter, Michelle and new student Alistair Smythe. Also one between Ned, Flash and Betty.
  • Aunt May & Happy Hogan are dating.
  • JB Smoove's character is a tour guide/chaperone on the trip that keeps getting himself into dangerous situations.
  • Movie has a very comedic tone overall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoiler for The Oscars

Black Panther won Best Costume Design, Best Production Design and Best Original Score.  DC fans can no longer tout Suicide Squad as the only Oscar winning comic book movie

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Spoiler for The Oscars

Reveal hidden contents

Black Panther won Best Costume Design, Best Production Design and Best Original Score.  DC fans can no longer tout Suicide Squad as the only Oscar winning comic book movie

Spoiler

Did they ever in the first place? Because they were already wrong. Off the top of my head The Dark Knight, Superman, Spider-man 2 and Men in Black come to mind.

15 hours ago, theshadow said:
  Hide contents

Did they ever in the first place? Because they were already wrong. Off the top of my head The Dark Knight, Superman, Spider-man 2 and Men in Black come to mind.

I might've been mis-remembering.  I just remember fans of the DCEU making a big deal about Suicide Squad winning one for, I think, Best Makeup, pointing out no MCU movie won an award

40 minutes ago, iDOL said:

Am I in the minority in thinking Black Panther is just an okay movie? I’ve seen it three times now, and the pacing is pretty terrible.

I loved Black Panther and haven't had an issue with the pacing myself over the same amount of views... but it's definitely not my favorite MCU film.

I think that the fact that it played so well to minority audiences has helped cultivate this feeling that it's superior to the others, and I expect the same reaction for Captain Marvel. Like I said, loved Black Panther, but I still would rate The First Avenger, Ragnarok and Infinity War as better films.