2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

1. The Yankees fan jokes got old a long time ago. I repeat: FUCK. THE. YANKEES.

2. My parents are both Dodgers fans, which is why I want them to win. Also, I got quite enough of the Braves back when they were in the World Series several times years ago, and I hate the tomahawk chop and chanting. I also resent the Braves because this is considered a `Braves fan' area when it comes to local news coverage and merchandise availability, and there are just as many Reds fans (one of my actual favorite teams) here, if not just as many. A Yankees-Braves World Series would = me watching something else.

Edited by GhostMachine

A Yankees fan threw a beer at a fan wearing an Oakland jersey after the game that eliminated the Athletics. He then proceeded to throw the cup at the man's face afterwards.

That, in a nutshell, is how most non-Yankees fans view the New York Yankees. Let's go Boston.

As a Jays fan, I'm hoping for Cleveland (Edwin and Donaldson) Vs Atlanta (Anthopoulos) in the World Series... but I'll honestly just be happy if the Yankees don't make it.

On 06/10/2018 at 12:30, Gabriel said:

A Yankees fan threw a beer at a fan wearing an Oakland jersey after the game that eliminated the Athletics. He then proceeded to throw the cup at the man's face afterwards.

That, in a nutshell, is how most non-Yankees fans view the New York Yankees. Let's go Boston.

As a Jays fan, I'm hoping for Cleveland (Edwin and Donaldson) Vs Atlanta (Anthopoulos) in the World Series... but I'll honestly just be happy if the Yankees don't make it.

I'm rooting for Granderson to win a World Series, so I'm rooting for the Brewers. 

On 06/10/2018 at 12:30, Gabriel said:

That, in a nutshell, is how most non-Yankees fans view the New York Yankees.

It was one drunken jerk. Do you really need to be reminded of the asshole fans that you guys have in Toronto? All fanbases have drunken fools at times. But sure, cherry-pick things to justify your biases. 

2 hours ago, Meacxico said:

It was one drunken jerk. Do you really need to be reminded of the asshole fans that you guys have in Toronto? All fanbases have drunken fools at times. But sure, cherry-pick things to justify your biases. 

You're right. We all have shitty people who go to the games. I'm happy to hear that the Oakland organization reached out to the fan, and I was told that the Yankees may have actually tried to reprimand the fan who assaulted the Athletics fan. I really appreciate that.

This doesn't change that the Yanks and Sox are still AL East teams though, so they are forever the enemy.

The Braves game tonight was really good, though, which was especially a treat to see them pick up the win after a crazy fun Maple Leafs/Blackhawks game tonight in the NHL.

The chop motion AND the chant they do along with are not only racist, but are also annoying as fuck. Got more than enough of that shit the last few times the Braves were in the World Series, as I won't watch their home games because of it. 

5 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Yeah the fact they still do the chop in 2018 is just beyond tone-deaf.

I had to explain to my father in law, several times during the game, why it's not okay for a stadium of non-Native Americans to be doing the chant and chop. Then he went off about how all these teams are going to have to change their names, the world is too sensitive, and the names don't even really matter anyways. So I asked why it matters if the names change, and he got all mad about it.

I feel like we'll see most of these culturally insensitive names change over the next ten to fifteen years, but the older generations are still holding onto their closet racism and fighting it with what energy they have left.

Personally, I'm hoping for this:

Image result for Atlanta Braves MeridaImage result for Cleveland Rocks logo

Let's get a Pixar and Drew Carey connection going in MLB.