2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

I was thinking Sox in 6, as well. Now I'm thinking 5. Doubt it will be a sweep.

*edited to add* I thought Price pitching would have been the Dodgers' best chance to win. How wrong was I? 

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I was thinking Sox in 6, as well. Now I'm thinking 5. Doubt it will be a sweep.

*edited to add* I thought Price pitching would have been the Dodgers' best chance to win. How wrong was I? 

Same, regarding Price.  I know he can be streaky, luckily now he got a good run in October.  His contract is still shit though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

Same, regarding Price.  I know he can be streaky, luckily now he got a good run in October.  His contract is still shit though.

I am glad we don't have that contract but I am also dissapointed that I can no longer make fun of him saying he was saving all his post season wins for the Red Sox.

I have no stake in David Price but found this, from the 2017 season, amusing:

On June 29, Price was involved in a verbal altercation with NESN broadcaster and Hall of Fame pitcher Dennis Eckersley on the team's plane; Eckersley had criticized a poor performance by teammate Eduardo Rodríguez, prompting Price to yell, "Here he is — the greatest pitcher who ever lived! This game is easy for him!’’ at Eckersley, before doubling down with numerous repetitions of "Get the fuck out of here!" to the applause of several Red Sox players.

I followed last night's game between the 8th and 14th.  Had plans earlier, finally went to bed after.

Considering how long the game went, I'm not sure how much of a morale booster this could be for the Dodgers.  They used up more pitchers than Boston, and while Eovaldi went 6 innings last night - I'd assume one or more of Pomeranz, E-Rod, and Sale gets used for most of Game 4.

My brother stayed up to watch it and called in to work this morning because he didn't get to bed until like 3AM our time. 

So...I watched a double header last night :mellow: If I were a Boston fan I would hate Muncy so much right now. Tagged up when Nunez fell in the stands in the 13th, came a few feet from ending it in the 15th with a walk off and then actually did walk it off in the 18th? To hell with that dude! :P 

Man though as much as the end of our season pained me this was really nice. I have no feelings about either team so I just enjoyed what was happening out there. Been a while since I've done that

• Like 2