2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

I hate everything about Boston. I hate green. I hate Larry Bird. I hate Big Papi, and Mark Wahlberg, and Matt Damon, and Dunkin' Donuts, and your trash eastern 'liberal' city and it's bullshit east coast bias, Harvard is the UCLA of the East, you aren't even IRISH I hate John Cena and the Green Monster, Thurman Munson was better, the only reason anyone even cares about your city is because there weren't even any other cities. Movies about Boston suck, it's all white boys pretending to be gangsters and it's hilarious, 'Charlestown bank robbers', cute. WORST. CITY. EVER.

Everyone hates you.

Congratulations on the World Series victory, though.

Edited by DMN
  • Like 1

Yeah Boston was the best team all year. What I found amazing is they had one carryover from their 2013 title in Bogaerts. Technically two in Pedroia but he's been hurt all year and didn't make the playoff roster obviously.

The superpower age of baseball is only gonna ramp up next year with Machado (who probably cost himself millions with his dismal postseason) and Harper landing on already loaded teams.

I actually think Kershaw would be nuts to opt out.  He’s set to earn $32 million next year and $33 million in 2020.

As much as I feel he’s still a supremely talented pitcher, he’s now missed time to injury in three straight years and now he’s coming off of a horrendous postseason and on the wrong side of 30.

He’d get a nice pay day for sure, but I don’t think he’d get that average annual value.

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

Red Sox fans are pathetic. Win the World Series. Still gotta take shots. You’ll never be the Yanks, boys.

I did think that "YANKEES SUCK!" chant, while true, was pretty crass. 

Loved that Pearce, rather than one of the big name players like Betts, was the MVP. It's cool as hell when something like that happens in any team sport.

But I hope we never ever have another game like game 3. By the 12th inning, I honestly stopped caring who won and just wanted the game over.

Oh, and I agree: Kershaw would be nuts to opt out.

The thing for Kershaw is security. If he doesn't opt out, and he continues to regress, he probably can't get a long-term deal. If he does opt out he probably shaves off some salary over the next 2 years but adds that and more back on as he moves into his late 30s.

He'll be staying in LA either way, the hype of "last start for the Dodgers?" was always silly. I'm not saying he's a Dodger for life, but he's a Dodger at least until they do a rebuild.