MLB 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Meacon Keaton

Oh, they deserve to be. And hopefully some people clap when it happens.

They should not even be playing. What the players did is far worse than what Pete Rose did and Shoeless Joe *may* have done. Yet they don't even really get so much as a slap on the hand.

I'm not going to defend Houston at all and they definitely cheated, but I just can't say it was the difference between being an average ballclub and being a championship team. Their offense actually scored more on the road that year, and had overall better numbers. They won 59 of their 101 games on the road. 

The postseason home/away splits are a different story and they probably had an effect on multiple games played in Houston. Especially since their entire team basically was in a giant slump away from Minute Maid Park.

I think overall their cheating system in 2017 was the difference between a 90-win team and a 100-win team in the regular season. It was a little less pronounced than steroid era guys going from light-hitting to whatever Sammy Sosa was.

I really hope that it doesn't happen, but I won't have any sympathy for the guys who actively participated in the cheating if it does.

Actions need consequences. The players weren't punished because MLB didn't want to stir shit up with the Players Association. What happens when people aren't held accountable for their actions? Other people usually take it into their own hands. I expect to see it, at least a little bit. I don't want to see it, but I expect to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

In some good news, the Giants announce they will not be inviting Aubrey Huff aka Curt Schilling Lite to their 2010 World Series anniversary celebration this season.

What'd he do?

5 hours ago, B-li Manning said:

In some good news, the Giants announce they will not be inviting Aubrey Huff aka Curt Schilling Lite to their 2010 World Series anniversary celebration this season.

Was he the one who wore his wife's undies during the post-season?

The Yankees opting to not have either Paxton nor Severino get MRIs in the winter and waiting for camps to open to find out they're hurt really should be getting more attention than it is from the New York media.  If this was the Mets they'd be getting blasted from all sides.  Yankees get a pass because they're still going to win the division comfortably.

55 minutes ago, B-li Manning said:

The Yankees opting to not have either Paxton nor Severino get MRIs in the winter and waiting for camps to open to find out they're hurt really should be getting more attention than it is from the New York media.  If this was the Mets they'd be getting blasted from all sides.  Yankees get a pass because they're still going to win the division comfortably.

Not trying to talk shit, but the Mets get blasted because they've had consistent failures at all levels of the franchise, from the field to the owner's box. This would just be another in a long line of poor management decisions.

The Yankees, on the other hand, have the exact opposite, a long history of success, with deep pockets to cover up mistakes like this.

You aren't wrong, but the Mets have done nothing to be cut some slack.