Quarantine Gaming

Dang117

With the majority of is stuck indoors during to quarantine as a result of the on going coronavirus. Have any of yous set any gaming challenges to keep you entertained or to play through your collections.

I have recently been playing through both the witcher 3 and Arkham asylum. As well as playing career mode on fifa 20, I have set myself a challenge to take a team from league 2 to the champions league not started it yet.

I have a backlog of games that I haven't finished which I would like to try and get through including Kingdom hearts 3, halo the masterchief collection, final fantasy XV, all of the Gear of War games, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order,  Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, Detroit become human, horizon and Spiderman.

I've been in a bit of a funk since Lockdown so haven't played an awful lot. I come home from work, and the desire to play games just hasn't been there.

I have got Days Gone to finish - I'm roughly 70% of the way through the story, and a couple of others I've had for a while that I haven't started yet (Far Cry: New Dawn, Detroit: Become Human), so the challenge for me will be to put some time into those.

I won a PES 2020 Legend Edition code yesterday, so that's given me a boost to put some hours into MyClub for the first time.

I've been finally working my way through Witcher 3. Got the whole GOTY edition for under 20 bucks on Steam.

Also have FFT: War of the Lions on my phone. Sometimes I'll make some progress in that 

We waited too long to grab a Switch and now they're sold out presumably until the summer or fall.

22 minutes ago, Ruki said:

So do I. I just can't get into it for whatever reason.

I've played it multiple times over the past 20 years but this is my first trip through WotL, with all its spiffy upgrades. The translation is great and adds a ton to the story, which I've always found one of the better ones.

I cruised up to the Belias battle but the fact I have to strengthen up Ramza so much before that kind of detracts from the rest of the main story since the ensuing battles haven't been difficult. I usually play a battle or two when I'm eating. It's something I really wish they corrected and that story battles would see your foes improve their stats as you do. Instead you just walk in with a dual weilding Knight and an Arithmetician and just wipe everyone out.

I'm having a hard time getting into anything. I got this urge to replay the Resident Evil series yesterday, so I started with 2002 remake and it's just... unplayable. Maybe I should just skip ahead to RE2 & RE3 and wait for the re-remake? 

Also tried Indivisible. LOVE the art style, gorgeous game, intrigued by the gameplay, but the dialogue is, uh, not great? I dunno if it's for me. 

Tried getting into Doom (can you tell I have GamePass) and it started fun then got annoying.

Tried getting back into Horizon Zero Dawn, I forgot why I put it down a few months ago and it's because I got stuck in a temple that I'm too annoyed with to even bother.

Sometimes I wonder if gaming is for me anymore. I can't stay focused and the minute it annoys me, I'm done. Any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, zero said:

I'm having a hard time getting into anything. I got this urge to replay the Resident Evil series yesterday, so I started with 2002 remake and it's just... unplayable. Maybe I should just skip ahead to RE2 & RE3 and wait for the re-remake? 

Also tried Indivisible. LOVE the art style, gorgeous game, intrigued by the gameplay, but the dialogue is, uh, not great? I dunno if it's for me. 

Tried getting into Doom (can you tell I have GamePass) and it started fun then got annoying.

Tried getting back into Horizon Zero Dawn, I forgot why I put it down a few months ago and it's because I got stuck in a temple that I'm too annoyed with to even bother.

Sometimes I wonder if gaming is for me anymore. I can't stay focused and the minute it annoys me, I'm done. Any suggestions?

Animal Crossing!

Well obviously Animal Crossing! I've been playing that since launch day. But looking to actually dive into something. I'm debating the FF7 remake but I know it'll go down in price in like 2 months and I hate paying full price for new releases... especially since this isn't even the full damn game! Though I doubt Part 2 will come out in my lifetime anyway sooooo...

• Like 2

Something about a virus enforced lockdown inspired me to replay Dead Rising 4, this time on the hardest difficulty that they patched in at some point after release. Ended up being something of a speed run in that I avoided all the maniac encounters and stuck to the story, lest I run into too much trouble. Not that I was really missing much from what I recall from my original playthrough, nothing like the psychos of the first few games. The higher difficulty was interesting though as it brought a bit of threat back to the game. You're always fairly safe in the first few games, it's more the ticking clock that is the issue if you start rushing and get a bit sloppy. Then they took out that entirely in 4 so you could pretty much piss around and were never in much danger. Here though you have to try and avoid the hordes and make a point to try and pick up certain weapons that will help you if you run into trouble, plunger lure grenade was the MVP.

Did the Frank Rising DLC as well which was actually pretty cool in that it brought back the timer but also very much changes the way the game is played...

as it has you playing as Zombie Frank, you can't use items but you unlock skills similar to Left 4 Dead (2) zombies like the Hunter and Spitter. The controls were a bit clunky as it was a bit of an issue to pull off the pounce sometimes but it's neat to use to disarm all the soldier enemies around who will really screw you up on the harder difficulty. Has a lot of little challenges as well to help unlock upgrades but also mixes things up a bit.

I have the Capcom Heroes DLC as well but apparently that's not it's own seperate thing, more of a remix of the story mode with stuff from Capcom characters as items/costumes etc. Skipped that for now as I didn't want to do another runthrough so soon, might look at the minigolf DLC though. Also got the re-makes off XBL whilst they were on sale, tempted to go back to the first game but might be a bit burnt out on the whole thing at the moment.

Moved onto Guacamelee after that, really cool Metroidvania game stylized around Lucha Libre. Looks really, really nice with the character designs, animation and general scenery from the colorfoul backgrounds to all the little touches like in towns you'll have posters which make reference to different parts of pop culture but in a wrestling way. Like, there's a wrestling poster with very obvious Mario/Luigi knockoffs dubbed 'El Super Bros' or something. Pretty much at the end of the game now, not sure if I'll just finish it and move on to something else or have a look around to try and get all the missing stuff I haven't got yet. There's a challenge section as well I've only partly done so there's still alot of stuff to do.

Might just finish it up and start DOOM (2016) though, never played it but obviously it's come to the forefront again recently since the sequel just came out.

Oh, and of course like everyone else there's been some daily Animal Crossing thrown in.

1 hour ago, zero said:

Well obviously Animal Crossing! I've been playing that since launch day. But looking to actually dive into something. I'm debating the FF7 remake but I know it'll go down in price in like 2 months and I hate paying full price for new releases... especially since this isn't even the full damn game! Though I doubt Part 2 will come out in my lifetime anyway sooooo...

It's a full game, just not the full story!

16 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Something about a virus enforced lockdown inspired me to replay Dead Rising 4, this time on the hardest difficulty that they patched in at some point after release. Ended up being something of a speed run in that I avoided all the maniac encounters and stuck to the story, lest I run into too much trouble. Not that I was really missing much from what I recall from my original playthrough, nothing like the psychos of the first few games. The higher difficulty was interesting though as it brought a bit of threat back to the game. You're always fairly safe in the first few games, it's more the ticking clock that is the issue if you start rushing and get a bit sloppy. Then they took out that entirely in 4 so you could pretty much piss around and were never in much danger. Here though you have to try and avoid the hordes and make a point to try and pick up certain weapons that will help you if you run into trouble, plunger lure grenade was the MVP.

Did the Frank Rising DLC as well which was actually pretty cool in that it brought back the timer but also very much changes the way the game is played...

Reveal hidden contents

I have the Capcom Heroes DLC as well but apparently that's not it's own seperate thing, more of a remix of the story mode with stuff from Capcom characters as items/costumes etc. Skipped that for now as I didn't want to do another runthrough so soon, might look at the minigolf DLC though. Also got the re-makes off XBL whilst they were on sale, tempted to go back to the first game but might be a bit burnt out on the whole thing at the moment.

Moved onto Guacamelee after that, really cool Metroidvania game stylized around Lucha Libre. Looks really, really nice with the character designs, animation and general scenery from the colorfoul backgrounds to all the little touches like in towns you'll have posters which make reference to different parts of pop culture but in a wrestling way. Like, there's a wrestling poster with very obvious Mario/Luigi knockoffs dubbed 'El Super Bros' or something. Pretty much at the end of the game now, not sure if I'll just finish it and move on to something else or have a look around to try and get all the missing stuff I haven't got yet. There's a challenge section as well I've only partly done so there's still alot of stuff to do.

Might just finish it up and start DOOM (2016) though, never played it but obviously it's come to the forefront again recently since the sequel just came out.

Oh, and of course like everyone else there's been some daily Animal Crossing thrown in.

I’ll do some Doom co-op with ya 

37 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It's a full game, just not the full story!

I get that, it's like the It remake. It's fine as a standalone movie, but it'd be like if they said "Chapter 2 coming Q1 of 2034." 

But hey, I waited literally 32 years for Star Wars 7, so maybe Square can get it out faster than that. 

Theoretically it shouldn't take as long to churn out since a lot of the stuff can carry over. It's like the house is built they just have to do a full-scale renovation on it for the following installments.

It helps that the technological leap from PS4 to PS5 isn't as significant as leaps have been in previous generations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Trying to 100% Spider-man, and I’m at about 85% at the moment.

I started and finished it - 100%, including DLC - in 2 weeks. Loved it, but all that’s left is New Game Plus. Is anything different there besides having everything already unlocked?

And the only trophies I lack are the getting Spectacular or better on certain challenges. I did the Combat and Stealth ones, but the rest are absurdly hard.

In theory, Final Fantasy 7 Remake could have come out quite a while before it did. It was initially being outsourced to CyberConnect2, and it wasn't until 2017 that Square Enix took development back in-house because they weren't satisfied with how things were going. I don't imagine they started again from scratch, but it's likely they made significant changes.

Under normal circumstances, four years or so for the next game wouldn't be an unreasonable estimate, but they're going to lose a lot of development time to the current pandemic.