NHL 2022

SeanDMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I'm done defending Brad Marchand. Sure, he's highly skilled and a valuable piece for any team, really... but the guy is a fucking goof and it's only a matter of time before he pulls a Bertuzzi and does something horrifying out there on the ice. Turf the piece of shit.

• Like 1

The Flames are on a seven game winning streak and acquired Tyler Toffoli the other day. He scored last night in his first game with the team. It's nice to see Treliving actually supporting the team this season. The Toffoli move, any other year, would have been much discussed right up until the deadline, and then we'd be talking about why Tree didn't pull the trigger.

This team deserves the opportunity to go all-in this season. Everything is clicking, and the summer will bring a lot of questions. Go for broke, boys.

With Sutter I think Calgary would be well-equipped for a deep run. Get some shoot-first types out there and they're really gonna have a shot.

Some people complaining about the return for Toffoli not being enough but I don't quite know what you can get beyond a 1st. Yeah it'll be in the 20s or lower but it's more valuable than all except the very top prospects Calgary has, and Toffoli isn't good enough to demand that type of return. Maybe it Chiarot was also included in the deal, but it's probably smarter to trade each of these guys separately in terms of total return.

11 minutes ago, Toe said:

I actually thought Montreal got a great return. They need to make more moves like it. 

They definitely will. Chiarot, Petry, and Hoffman I'd all expect to at least be tried to be moved. Tough to see someone taking on the Petry contract and tougher to see a return beyond cap space, but those are the top 3 names I suspect are being floated in trade offers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...