NHL 2022

SeanDMan

No telling if the Avs would've won anyway but that Kadri goal really should not have counted. No one was anywhere close to coming off the ice when he came on.

Coming to the NHL next year, all goals are reviewed for any possible infractions but specifically 6 skaters on the ice. Really terrible situation for the league and if Colorado wins the Stanley Cup (which they now have an extremely good chance of doing) it'll always be countered with "yeah but".

(Also I know MacKinnon was not involved in the play at all but this is one of those rules that needs to be deliberate, since someone is still going to keep eyes on him until he's off)

While Luke Richardson might not be a huge name as far as HC candidates would go, his resume is solid and I'm glad we didn't fall back on a HC that has been through the turnstile for years. This rebuild isn't going to be fun, but hopefully Richardson can bring some respect back to the organization and get the young guys to perform.

• Like 1

After a lot of back and forth between Toronto and Calgary as my team, I have settled on Toronto. Hitman had my heart but Toronto had better uniforms, plus I have a soft spot for Toronto in general because my gran used to go there as a child and we have very distant family there.

Now the question - how do I watch the NHL in the UK without paying for exorbitant TV packages?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Benji said:

After a lot of back and forth between Toronto and Calgary as my team, I have settled on Toronto. Hitman had my heart but Toronto had better uniforms, plus I have a soft spot for Toronto in general because my gran used to go there as a child and we have very distant family there.

Now the question - how do I watch the NHL in the UK without paying for exorbitant TV packages?

Legally, if you're planning on watching a large chunk of the games, you can get the NHL Network for $30 (Canadian) per month.

When I have the time to commit and the money in my account, grabbing a month at a time isn't so bad. It's technically cheaper if you get the whole season, but depending on your schedule, you may not be able to watch enough to make it worthwhile.

For me though, if there's 10 games in a month, that's $3 per game, and I'm alright with paying that.

Don't really want to drop that much tbh. Was looking at £10 max a month, anything much more than that in this day and age of streaming just feels like being ripped off purely for the premium. Especially given the multiple streams of revenue sports already gets over other streaming.

17 hours ago, Benji said:

This pleases me ❤️

• Haha 1

First round of the draft is on Thursday and the Flames haven't moved an inch since the end of the season. I'm terrified right now.

EDIT:

Gaudreau can walk to free agency and we can lose him for nothing. Tkachuk could accept a qualifying offer for one year and essentially tell the team he'll be doing the same if they don't trade him. Our third pairing out-priced themselves from being re-signed unless cap space is made.

The two contracts that we'd like to move out to free up space would be Lucic and Monahan. I can see a team with tons of room being willing to take on Lucic to be a leader on their team (Seattle, maybe?), but unless we sweeten the pot, I don't think anyone takes Monahan's $6.5 million hit.

Really, the only area that I'm comfortable with right now is in net. Markstrom and Vladar are a solid pairing, and Darth Vladar should see more action next season to help keep Marky fresher for the playoffs.

But if we lose Gaudreau AND Tkachuk, it's going to take a lot of magic from Treliving to keep this team competitive.

Plus, Mangiapane is in for a heck of a raise.

This is stressful.

• Confused 1

SportsNet is reporting that the Penguins have re-signed 35 year-old, oft-injured Kris Letang to a SIX YEAR deal worth $6.1 per season.

Why would you handcuff your team like that as a GM? I'm a big fan of Letang, but this just seems like a boneheaded move.

• Confused 1