Steam/PC Mega Thread 2023

Mick

Only just come across this

Blockbuster Inc

Reminds me a lot of The Movies which I thought was amazing in the way that you could make films and share them for peer review which sort of created it's own list of "Blockbusters". The ability to customise and make your own sets looks like a great addition. Will be keeping an eye on this as it develops.

Edited by lanky316
  • Like 4

I've had that on my Steam wishlist for almost two years now. They've promised that a demo is coming, but if I'm not mistaken, they said the same thing last summer only to change their minds and re-did everything after poor reviews from their beta testers. 

This time I'm going to have to see it out for the public before getting too excited about it.

Nevermind, the demo is out now, so I stand corrected. It's still on my wishlist but I'll be damned if Steam ever let me know the demo is available.

• Like 1

I really want like a TEW or EWR but for movies - I know there was an older one, cant think of the name - it wasn't flashy but it was fun putting movie casts together and such. Would love that!

35 minutes ago, Krabby said:

I really want like a TEW or EWR but for movies - I know there was an older one, cant think of the name - it wasn't flashy but it was fun putting movie casts together and such. Would love that!

I remember there being one for a record label as well. I had a lot of fun playing that in the early 2000s... until I learned that you could go millions of dollars into debt and it wouldn't affect anything. I think it was called Music Wars? But I can't find anything on it or any screenshots (but it looks like a bunch of remasters and sequels?)

39 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I remember there being one for a record label as well. I had a lot of fun playing that in the early 2000s... until I learned that you could go millions of dollars into debt and it wouldn't affect anything. I think it was called Music Wars? But I can't find anything on it or any screenshots (but it looks like a bunch of remasters and sequels?)

You're probably thinking of Chart Wars. There's a spiritual successor called Road 2 Success, which is also free.

• Like 3

I'd rather just have a remake of The Movies. I used to mess around with that during my college days.

Really looking forward to the full release.  I bought it Early Access and, while it was fun, the Early Access endgame was overly repetitive and lost appeal quick

16 hours ago, Krabby said:

Could you be thinking of Hollywood Mogul? I remember spending days playing that and Chart Wars back then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lanky316 said:

Could you be thinking of Hollywood Mogul? I remember spending days playing that and Chart Wars back then.

Yes - Hollywood Mogul is what I was thinking of!!!

Man it had so many neat details and features - a modern remake or update would be so cool

I remember playing Rockstar! back in the day.  Always liked it, but it always seemed to push you in certain directions.  Like I used to try and play as a straight edge band, and would always turn down taking drugs or using alcohol.

Inevitably my band mates would become hardcore drug users, and my character would go insane from NOT doing drugs..

On another note, watched a brief play through of this

It does seem like it has some jank to it, but if they could work it out, it seems like a lot of fun, maybe as a PvP game

• Like 1

Played a game after watching a stream of it.  Its called Norland.  Its basically a mix of Crusader Kings and Rimworld.  Currently on a free demo until July 10th

• Like 1

A game about my dad's high school, sign me up

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Benji said:

Can anyone vouch for Arcadian Atlas? Looks like FF Tactics and I'm itching for a similar game.

Early user and critical reviews aren't very positive. Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark and Triangle Strategy are two good games in the tactical strategy genre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1