Tom Brady retires; unretires; retires again

livid

2 hours ago, CM Busch said:

I halfway expect that at NFL Honors next week, Brady will not only win MVP but they’ll announce that they’ve waived the waiting period and put him directly into the Hall of Fame.

I hope they don't waive the waiting period so he can overshadow Big Ben one final time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So from what I read in his contract terms he's leaving about $40 million on the table by retiring now. Owes back part of his signing bonus plus all of next year's salary he won't make.

Not that he needs or maybe wants the money, between Giselle and a life of being able to be a celebrity spokesperson for anything the Brady family has enough money for generations. Still, that's a lot of cash to be voiding.

Realistically I suspect he planned to announce it on his own terms and it got scooped by someone who related it to Schefter. Probably he was going to announce it at the end of Man in the Arena in a few months.

Brady went on Mad Dog Russo’s show today and reaffirmed that he’s not retired yet and he’s still taking it “day by day”.  Also criticized everyone rushing to be in front of the news first.

I still expect he’ll retire but now he’ll wait on it a little bit longer and maybe let the Bucs know before free agency.

5 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Dave Portnoy is leading the parade of Pats fans salty about Brady not thanking them.  He thanked them two years ago, you spoiled babies.

Ehh I don't think it's about being spoiled. I'd feel a type of way if the dude spent 20 years here and didn't even at least mention the fans in passing in his retirement. Granted, fuck Dave Portnoy and his cronies, but I did find it odd. 

• Like 1