What games are you looking forward to?

Your Mom

I've been super hyped for Forspoken lately. Normal woman in a fantasy setting sounds perfect for me and I really hope they can get as close as they can to the expectations I have for this one.

So what are you hyped for? Come in here and post your most anticipated titles! Maybe we can all find something new to play? At the very least this will be your space to get excited about that game you like. LFG! :w00t:

• Your Mom changed the title to What games are you looking forward to?

All of my biggest titles for the year (that I know about, at least) already dropped in the way of Elden Ring and Lego Star Wars - but at the very least we have Starfield scheduled for November and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for... sometime in the fall, but I wouldn't be shocked if either or both of them are pushed back.

The ports of Live a Live and Trails from Zero. If they land on this year - Forspoken, Final Fantasy XVI.

Overall most of the big games already launched and in a very tight window so I'll likely be going back and playing them. I still have 13 Sentinels and Deathloop sitting unopened though, so don't expect to buy any new games until I beat them (and Elden Ring which currently consumes most of my time).

Overwatch 2. 

I been back playing Overwatch OG. I got back into shooters because I play Fortnite with my son but I actually find it overly easy - too many bots, no need to change strategies, fairly consistent. I am slowly exposing my son to it before I consider buying a copy of Overwatch on XBOX so we can squad up. 

13 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I've been super hyped for Forspoken lately. Normal woman in a fantasy setting sounds perfect for me and I really hope they can get as close as they can to the expectations I have for this one.

So what are you hyped for? Come in here and post your most anticipated titles! Maybe we can all find something new to play? At the very least this will be your space to get excited about that game you like. LFG! :w00t:

It's been delayed forever now, but Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is my most hype, followed by Bayonetta 3: Bayo Hard With A Vengeance.

My answer to this for the last decade or so would be nothing, at this point I'm always one console generation behind working through a backlog, but I am definitely looking forward to that new Monkey Island.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

It's been delayed forever now, but Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is my most hype, followed by Bayonetta 3: Bayo Hard With A Vengeance.

Is The Vampire game the one that comes out next month? Because I thought that looked interesting

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Is The Vampire game the one that comes out next month? Because I thought that looked interesting

You're thinking of Vampire: The Masquerade Swansong, which is a different game. Bloodlines 2 is the sequel to a game from 2004 which sold badly but gathered a cult following over the years. It's a bit like Deus Ex with vampires. I think it's still fun to play now.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

It looks cool and it's on Steam but is it worth $20?

Yes. Make sure to get the Unofficial Patch, though. Fixes a lot of bugs that the devs couldn't.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, most of the other V:TM stuff are VNs and text adventures. The ones I played are still pretty fun! Just not VTMB2 levels of hypeworthy.

There's also VTM: Redemption which is kind of KOTOR-esque but while it had it's moments it wasn't nearly as good as VTMB.

Pokémon Scarlet/Violet is definitely my biggest anticipation, other than that the only AAA games I can think of I'm looking forward to are the two DC games loosely from the Arkham-Verse, Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights, although it might be the PS6 era before they actually come out. If NeatherRealm ever shed some light on what their next game will be then I'll add that to the list, particularly if they skip Injustice and go straight to Mortal Kombat 12, the same with a new Forza game which has been loosely mentioned.

Two Point Campus is coming out in May for GamePass which should be fun.

• Like 1

This is tangentially related to a conversation earlier in this thread but I don't think I've paid full price for a game on Steam in years. I've cut back my buying on there regardless since its where game purchases go to die ($5 is still $5 if I'm never going to play something). But I basically have been treating it as a bargain bin.