AEW: Fight Forever

They just finished showing footage of it on AEWGames' Twitch. Footage of Nyla and Kris Statlander wrestling, with Aubrey Edwards as the referee.

No talk about the roster number, more reveals promised in the upcoming months, but it's been confirmed that it's called Fight Forever and that it will also be on PC as well as consoles. I'm expecting the footage to show up on YouTube any minute now.

EDIT: Also, Uno says that it's very much in line with the VPW games of the late 90s/early 00s, and is kind of a spiritual successor to those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Serpenticloud said:

They just finished showing footage of it on AEWGames' Twitch. Footage of Nyla and Kris Statlander wrestling, with Aubrey Edwards as the referee.

No talk about the roster number, more reveals promised in the upcoming months, but it's been confirmed that it's called Fight Forever and that it will also be on PC as well as consoles. I'm expecting the footage to show up on YouTube any minute now.

EDIT: Also, Uno says that it's very much in line with the VPW games of the late 90s/early 00s, and is kind of a spiritual successor to those. 

VPW, so would that be like WCW vs the World, WCW/NWO Revenge, and No Mercy sorta lineage? Because that sounds cool to me if they can take that model and modernize it.

42 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

VPW, so would that be like WCW vs the World, WCW/NWO Revenge, and No Mercy sorta lineage? Because that sounds cool to me if they can take that model and modernize it.

Is this right? Because I was wondering what a VPW game was too

10 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Is this right? Because I was wondering what a VPW game was too

Virtual Pro Wrestling was a wrestling game released in Japan on the N64. Its engine was used for those WCW and WWF games.

I'm slightly hesitant to believe it straight away because developer of a few other wrestling games over the past twenty years have spoken of similar goals without pulling it off.

• Thanks 1

I like the look of the way the moves hit, looks really cool.

I read somewhere that the roster is likely to be around 50 or so. Which is pretty small compared to what we’re used to. But if the gameplay is good enough, I’ll still consider a purchase - especially if the creative element is good. People are inevitably already complaining about the roster size but it’s still a new company for one and it’s a brand new game, this will be a starting point for them. Would be far more beneficial to get the gameplay aspect close to where they want it to be before expanding.

2 hours ago, FLiam said:

I like the look of the way the moves hit, looks really cool.

I read somewhere that the roster is likely to be around 50 or so. Which is pretty small compared to what we’re used to. But if the gameplay is good enough, I’ll still consider a purchase - especially if the creative element is good. People are inevitably already complaining about the roster size but it’s still a new company for one and it’s a brand new game, this will be a starting point for them. Would be far more beneficial to get the gameplay aspect close to where they want it to be before expanding.

Yea, I feel 50 is good enough. I mean its funny how when wrestling games came out in the early 2000s enough characters for a proper Royal Rumble was exciting. 

19 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I don't care so much about the roster size. I know my favorites will be in there and it's not like I'm dying to play as Chaos Project or something like that

👉☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Man....how fucking cool will it be to use Penta in a video game.

Then as I type this I realize we now live in a time where CAWs are so good it's not much different. 

Either way, I guess I'm happy to see a lot of these wrestlers having a proper video game to be featured in. I mean, even if it sucks, if it were me, I'd still say "Fuck yeah, I'm a character in a video game". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I don't care so much about the roster size. I know my favorites will be in there and it's not like I'm dying to play as Chaos Project or something like that

:(

• Haha 2

Looks pretty rough at the moment. Personally, I wouldn't have shown this at all, but AEW fans have been starved of game news for so long, at least they can see the models look brilliantly detailed.

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Virtual Pro Wrestling was a wrestling game released in Japan on the N64. Its engine was used for those WCW and WWF games.

I'm slightly hesitant to believe it straight away because developer of a few other wrestling games over the past twenty years have spoken of similar goals without pulling it off.

That Nyla video has an Irish whip sequence that looks very VPW to me, but yep definitely need to play it to be sure. It's the feel of those games, with the simple but brilliant block and dodge buttons that made it great.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Looks pretty rough at the moment. Personally, I wouldn't have shown this at all, but AEW fans have been starved of game news for so long, at least they can see the models look brilliantly detailed.

I mean, this may not end being a graphical marvel though. Which is fine, I think if you provide a wrestling game that is just fun to play you'll be alright (the metaphorical you :P). 

Look at Fire Pro Wrestling, very minimalist on graphics but wrestling fans still find their way to it. And I guess you could argue that appeals more to hardcore wrestling fans, but even still if the game is fun people will be happy. 

Edit - whoops, did I misinterpret your point? I think may have...

42 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

I mean, this may not end being a graphical marvel though. Which is fine, I think if you provide a wrestling game that is just fun to play you'll be alright (the metaphorical you :P). 

Look at Fire Pro Wrestling, very minimalist on graphics but wrestling fans still find their way to it. And I guess you could argue that appeals more to hardcore wrestling fans, but even still if the game is fun people will be happy. 

Edit - whoops, did I misinterpret your point? I think may have...

The graphics look like the strong point so far. The gameplay looked awkward, but it's clearly unfinished. That's why I wouldn't have shown it yet.

I'm all for recreating that feeling the old AKI games gave me.

Fun fact: Sting appeared in the first Japanese and American releases from AKI (VPW/WCWvsWorld), and seems to be lined up to be featured in this successor title. There are a few others with outside shots of doing the same such as Paul Wight. Very long shots are Taka, Togo, Tenzan and Mutoh. Regal, Onita, DDP and Malenko may also feature as legends.

A guy who featured in the second VPW game? Minoru Suzuki. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Kraig said:

The graphics look like the strong point so far. The gameplay looked awkward, but it's clearly unfinished. That's why I wouldn't have shown it yet.

I'm all for recreating that feeling the old AKI games gave me.

Fun fact: Sting appeared in the first Japanese and American releases from AKI (VPW/WCWvsWorld), and seems to be lined up to be featured in this successor title. There are a few others with outside shots of doing the same such as Paul Wight. Very long shots are Taka, Togo, Tenzan and Mutoh. Regal, Onita, DDP and Malenko may also feature as legends.

A guy who featured in the second VPW game? Minoru Suzuki. 

Brilliant facts. Never considered DDP. 

How about Taz? Seems so obvious and totally slipped my mind.