AEW: Fight Forever

I hope we get Aja Kong in this, since by all accounts you start off at the debut of AEW and go from there in career mode.

Plus I want to create Bull Nakano and have an exploding barbwire death match against Aja Kong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Lots of people moaning about the mini-games.  "Should've spent more time on the actual gameplay instead of this."

Except nobody can possibly know if the gameplay is good or bad at this juncture.

How can nobody like the idea of a Penta Says mini game!!!! Absolute heathens 

• Like 1

Call it another example of unrealistic expectations from wrestling fans or them having something built up in their head that was never promised but when you have people involved suggesting the game takes cues from the AKI series, especially given the inherent hype that's going to build, maybe show that first.

I'm not saying you can't have mini games but from, what I recall, all we've had before is the odd screenshot so if this is the first video we've had then I can imagine people are going to be thrown off if one of the first things you see is Kenny Omega playing baseball. Should have made it The Young Bucks playing basketball, that'd be more in universe.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2022 at 05:19, Skummy said:

Abadon being in there is promising, as it suggests it'll be a pretty deep roster to choose from, though I wonder what the cut-off point is.

Kenny's alluded to Cody Rhodes being in the game, and the career mode beginning at AEW's inception, so I assume that's the "deep career mode". It's a pretty unique situation, to have a company so young that they can tell that story in-game.

Was thinking about this.  I would have to assume the cut off couldn't be any earlier than All Out 2021 given Adam Cole's inclusion, but it's also possible that they just put in some of the key 2021 debuts they needed to put in while otherwise having a roster that reflects AEW's early days.

In Abadon's case, she debuted with AEW in March 2020 but has almost exclusively been on Dark, as far as I can tell she's only wrestled 5 matches on TV/PPV in her entire tenure with the company.

Yuka's inclusion surprised me a bit too.  She was on AEW's first two ever shows, which adds to the idea of it going back to the inception, but then didn't appear again until February 2020 and then of course she wasn't able to be in the states for a year and a half due to the pandemic.

Kenny said a few months ago that the roster was only around 50 and was preparing people for glaring omissions.  But no offense either Abadon or Yuka, those are two I never would've even remotely considered making the game at that roster size.  So perhaps he either misspoke or they've since been able to greatly expand the number of characters.

• Like 2

Honestly love the idea of having the roster from inception and adding to it through DLC or newer additions in the series. It's like building the foundation of the game like the foundation of the company.

That being said, I need to see way more gameplay than what has been shown. I prefer a more arcade-like style to the wrestlers (like Street Fighter IV) but I like a nice realistic fighting engine which may put off fans of both styles and please only me. I'm curious if they will implement different styles of play to suit different players.

I dont mind arcadey gameplay that looks and feels impactful. But I draw the line at the more mobile game like bullshit such as flaming hands and a swish of light flowing out of your ass as you leap 50ft in the air for a Stunner. Take all that WWF In Your House shit and put it in the bin.

Im so glad Kenny's updated model no longer looks like goddam HeMan and they've gone more realistic-looking overall. Overall I'd say the game visally looks like WWE 2K14 given a spit-shine. Everyone's slightly plasticy, but you see past it after a while, ya know?

From the gameplay, it looks a bit like the old arcadey SD games mixed with DOR series. Impactful looking strikes, moves seem a bit stilted.

I beleive CAWrestler and CAMoveset are confirmed, right? But we've heard jack on CAArena or a CAW sharing server?

On 05/08/2022 at 16:03, CM Busch said:

Kenny said a few months ago that the roster was only around 50 and was preparing people for glaring omissions.  But no offense either Abadon or Yuka, those are two I never would've even remotely considered making the game at that roster size.  So perhaps he either misspoke or they've since been able to greatly expand the number of characters.

It could be that they wanted a certain number of female wrestlers in, and they made the cut while men with a similar track record in terms of making TV didn't. I'll be disappointed if they're in and Emi Sakura isn't, though, it'll make my year to be able to see Emi in a video game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tristy said:

Brief footage is out there of the game, but at 11am ET, Colt Cabana and Evil Uno are going on the AEW Games Twitch channel to play a full match.

Think Cabana is gonna use Punk?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Have they announced a release date or any new information on career mode or anything?

Simply put: no. But there is a listing on the PlayStation database backend that has a February release date.